1 month to my new car!!!!

acmebomb

im picking up a 97 firebird. 107,xxx miles.

the bad :: sagging doors, pass. window swich, headliner is hanging a lil by the t top, and both of the windows are off track.

the good:: newer tires, new alt. , new fuel pump, leather, and runs really nice, the body's in good shape no rust

i

ts the 3.8L its an automatic :thumbdown

im paying 3g. does this sound like i good deal. ive looked it up on kbb and it says around 4500 just wanted to see what you guys think.

thanks. il get pics as soon as i get it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
+1 3g's is way too much judging by your description.

the bad :: sagging doors, pass. window swich, headliner is hanging a lil by the t top, and both of the windows are off track.

that type of shit makes it a 1500 car. now if there is more wrong in the driveline suspension, etc. that makes it even cheaper.

pick something else.

Guest fist302
it all seams like little shit tho. a few pins for the doors a new headliner a window switch. and put the windows back on track? seems lok a small amound of work. plus it will give so something to work on this spring

If it was a lt1 i would understand, but why do you want a v6 firebird? You could find lots of different cars for 3k. Get a 5.0 : )

Does it look better than this?

Ultimately what you have to decide if it is the car for you. Since you have to save for the car, then you need to understand that a 12 year old car will break down. Be prepared to bum rides if you don't have a beater. (Edit: just read your post above mine)

I will be the first to admit that a fixer-upper is fun, just make sure you enjoy whatever you spend your money on. I think you should pass.

You should never have to save up to buy a fixer upper like that. I'm sure just the fact that the kid never decided to worry about putting the windows back on track, that he doesn't keep up on maintenance under the hood.

Instead of just rushing to buy a car your friend is trying to drop off on you, look for something else. You can find a lot of cars for $3k that won't be a burden like I see that car being.

Why would you ask what everyone thinks, if you tell everyone you dont care what they say when its not what you want to hear?

Thats a rip off, you're paying 3k for a car that all you can see wrong with it is when you sit down. Did you even look at suspension/brakes/engine/trans?

Keep saving, a better deal will come along and then you'll have even more money to buy the fun stuff, not window switches.

Does it look better than this?

Ultimately what you have to decide if it is the car for you. Since you have to save for the car, then you need to understand that a 12 year old car will break down. Be prepared to bum rides if you don't have a beater. (Edit: just read your post above mine)

I will be the first to admit that a fixer-upper is fun, just make sure you enjoy whatever you spend your money on. I think you should pass.

I was about to say that car looked a lot better until I read the description. Says its a 5-speed, but then says the auto trans shifts great and doesn't slip

I'd say keep looking while you save. If you find something better go for it but if not I wouldn’t call this a "bad" deal but you could do better (ie, lower mileage, less “problems” more power) The 3800 is a great motor IMO for what it is. Is your buddy firm on the price? See if you can knock it down to $25-$2,600 Got any pics of the car?

I know from experience I was in a hurry to get in a better car, I can't say I regret my GTP but I could have found a better deal if I would have just taken a little more time. I'd keep looking there's better deals out there.