VW Passat - Front End alignment

zeitgeist57

I just rotated my tires and the RF inside edge is seriously worn down. Now, the swapped tire is making a ton of noise. Alignment time!!!

When I was in FL last year I went to a Goodyear shop and they said they couldn't do an alignment...only the dealership. Here's my problem...it's a VW/Audi control-arm front suspension (where 4 independent bars bolt to the spindle, instead of upper and lower A-arms) so I can't see where adjustment is necessary.

Can someone just check for toe-in/toe-out using the tie-rods?

EDIT; Sorry...car is a 2000 VW Passat GLX with 90k miles...V6, manual transmission...front-wheel drive

Thanks, Chris! Will do.

If it's not the alignment, then maybe a worn wheel bearing? The outside shoulder has normal wear...all tires have minimal cupping...just the RF inside shoulder is really worn...

cupping is from not rotationg your tires ever 6-8k miles, The wear is coming from alighnment and or bushing being worn out. I would hope whoever did you tire could tell you your bearing is all jacked up.

Also those wheels on the backside and the hubs of the car should be cleaned when re installing make sure they do this at the time of alighnment to assure every step has been taken that your car drives straight.;)