5/16 -5/17 -- Hocking Hills, SR 555, SE Ohio, etc -- Camping

Casper

Save the date. This is a "joint venture" if you will between a few different sites. We're hashing out the details. Basically we'll be riding all day Saturday, camping Saturday night, riding Sunday and parting ways. There will be people from Kentucky and Pennsylvania going with us. Promises to be a good time.

The only thing I ask is everyone wears their gear, and everyone respects everyone else. Don't ride above your head. 555 is a dangerous road, and Hocking Hills is no joke. Always err on the side of caution.

I will have a sign in at the meeting point. Everyone will be required to write down their name, license plate number, phone number, and emergency contact. This way if someone wrecks, we can tell the EMT who you are and who to contact. This comes from the last Hocking Hills ride with the guy on the green Ninja. None of us knew who the hell he was let alone who to contact.

I will be handing out maps of the suggested route with places to meet up.

More info to come soon.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=21251

Edited by Casper

It's a great idea. Depending on weather, I'd like to go. I ride HH regularly and try to do the triple nickel at least once a year.

Thanks for including CR in this. :)

No problem. Did you hear they repaved the triple nickel last fall? :D

Nope, didn't know that. The last time I was on it there were sections that were pretty rough, and of course, the requisite loose gravel on the curves. :)

I'm going to take a quick drive down to scope it out, but it has been confirmed by several people. The repaved late last year. I'm excited.

• 2 weeks later...
Ooh, very nice, very nice. The green Ninja... Mikey? I haven't ridden with CORE in years but met him there. I heard he had a rough one. How is he doing?

By the way, if we're all riding, where the hell is the camp gear coming from? :)

BMW riders?

• Upvote 1

Ben is taking a truck down with all the camping supplies. At least that is the word on the street

Quoted for truth. The wife and I are trailering down so we can haul stuff. Anyone who wants us to take their stuff, just let me know. You'll need to bring it by the house sometime the week before.

I'm going to take a quick drive down to scope it out, but it has been confirmed by several people. The repaved late last year. I'm excited.

I believe most of it was repaved last year. I may not ride the nickel on a motorcycle, but during the spring-fall, I take drives out there every other week for the day. (Well, there and all over SE Ohio.)

ill just go ahead and pack everything in my one of three storage compartments and meet everyone with beer and liquor and 1 crazy randy?

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1081/3562547/7329597/356788363.jpg

so thats what comfort looks like