Battery charger question

SWing'R

So, I need a battery charger. Never bought one before, any suggestions, brands, models, features, places to buy from?

During the winter months I usually just put some gas stabilizer in the Swing, and every Saturday go out and start her up

and let it run about 15minutes. The battery has always stayed charged okay but with the really cold snap we had last week

I was unable to get either bike to start last weekend. So last night when I came home from work I tried to start them up again

since it was like 50 yesterday. Got my wifes running but still couldn't get the Swing to start, almost got it but by the time it was

wanting to turn over I had completely killed the battery :(

well, battery tender brand is widely used and reviewed, I know they have a good one for around 20 bucks at the pony.... and it has leads that attach to your scoot and you never have to take apart the seat again, just plug and charge... now some models have different features, but you really shouldn't need anything beyond the basic model....IMO

Battery Tender jr. at the pont is $30. It is good for maintaining charge, but I'm not sure about charging a dead battery with it. I use one to maintain and have a Sears battery charger to charge dead batteries and it has a handy 50 amp jump feature.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02871222000P?keyword=diehard+battery+charger

I've been using an Optimate for the last few years and it does a very good job. It recovers dead batteries as well as charging them. It cost about $50 from a Yamaha dealer in Ravenna but I think it was well worth the money.

battery tender will charge dead battery as long as the battery doesn't have a damaged cell. Buy a tender, plug in and leave plugged until you're ready to ride

Thanks for the replies everyone. May make a trip out to the pony on Sunday and check out what they have.

I really like the Battery Tenders. I have two of them in use right now without any issues. If you have mutiple batteries, they make 2 and 4 head charging units, along with extension cables that could make your like very easy. You may also want to check Batteries Plus on High St. across from Graceland land before you buy from Pony. It is a short drive West down Morse Road. Good Luck.

I really like the Battery Tenders. I have two of them in use right now without any issues. If you have mutiple batteries, they make 2 and 4 head charging units, along with extension cables that could make your like very easy. You may also want to check Batteries Plus on High St. across from Graceland land before you buy from Pony. It is a short drive West down Morse Road. Good Luck.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/c-117-Battery-Tender-Chargers.aspx

Actually I have a Batteries Plus right near me here in Hilliard on Cemetary Rd. Didn't even think of that, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendations guys on the Battery Tender; i picked up a Battery Tender Jr. tonight for $37.35 from Batteries Plus and got it charging the swing battery, maybe I'll be able to get the sucker started this weekend!

Thanks for the recommendations guys on the Battery Tender; i picked up a Battery Tender Jr. tonight for $37.35 from Batteries Plus and got it charging the swing battery' date=' maybe I'll be able to get the sucker started this weekend![/quote']

sweet man..... might be warm enough to take it out this weekend....KEEP PRAYIN FOR GLOBAL WARMING!!!

sweet man..... might be warm enough to take it out this weekend....KEEP PRAYIN FOR GLOBAL WARMING!!!

Yeah man, saturday is sayin 47deg. I'll just be happy if I get it started, I'm worried I may have caused it some problems by trying so hard to get it started the other weekend. With no clutch, theres no push starting it either! Kinda a scary thought in itself, makes me wonder if I should carry a spare battery in my trunk! :)

Yeah man' date=' saturday is sayin 47deg. I'll just be happy if I get it started, I'm worried I may have caused it some problems by trying so hard to get it started the other weekend. With no clutch, theres no push starting it either! Kinda a scary thought in itself, makes me wonder if I should carry a spare battery in my trunk! :)[/quote']

the tender should fit in there... it'd be easy to carry it just in case... or a spare....