Lotus builds a car for the pot-heads

ImUrOBGYN

I like the exterior. That's about all.

Seats look rigid and uncomfortable, and I'll be damned if I buy a track-ready Lotus that will also tell me when to "green shift" for best fuel economy. I'm tired of this technology that is designed for the lowest common denominator. I don't need my car to tell me every single thing about the outside world while I attempt to save gas and drink my 160oz Coke.

That said, I'm totally down with considering materials used in the economic equation for greener vehicles.

It looks pretty "dope"!

Hah! Niiicce. :D

I felt a bit suprised how much I actually like it. As far as the seats and shift light go, I'm betting the seats are more comfortable than they look and the shift light can probably be reprogrammed. If nothing else, I'm sure your brain would eventually learn it as an 'early warning shift light' instead of a 'time to shift' light. :D

THey should just call it the "toke up" light. ;)

I actually found out about this car while watching Fifth Gear this past week. They had a small segment on it.

Ford beat them to the punch by 7 years.

Check out the Ford MA Concept

Designed totally on a computer, the MA uses a futuristic combination of materials: bamboo, aluminum and carbon fiber. The car has no welds. Instead, 364 titanium bolts hold the MA together.
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2161.html

The two are not really that comparable, but this is FAR greener than anything else out there.

Ford beat them to the punch by 7 years.

Check out the Ford MA Concept

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2161.html

The two are not really that comparable, but this is FAR greener than anything else out there.

Ford will miss out on a huge market. It will never sell in China. Not when you're being attacked by panda bears everytime you goto pick some milk up. ;)

Besides, can you smoke the Ford if you're stranded somewhere? :D

(Yes, I know you don't get high from hemp. That's why it's a joke.)