Thanks Brian Turner and the guys at Acura

bm3m5

Ok so first ZO6's with exhausts are faster than ZR1's, now your integra is faster than an $80k GTR? Sir I would like some of the crack you're smoking because that must be good shit. Have you ever thought about the fact that AWD simply FEELS slower by its very nature? I've driven AWD cars that made good numbers and ran good times that FELT slow as balls just because of all the traction, it takes away some of the excitement. And if your friend has a 400hp WS6 and only runs 13's, then he cannot drive to save his life.

You for sure have not been in a fast awd car then lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You for sure have not been in a fast awd car then lol

Not a stupid fast one, but 300whp. It just didn't have that "oh shit" factor. It just felt like it was on rails. I mean it put me back in the seat, but it was just missing something (and we're strictly talking about straight line stuff here).

Not a stupid fast one, but 300whp. It just didn't have that "oh shit" factor. It just felt like it was on rails. I mean it put me back in the seat, but it was just missing something (and we're strictly talking about straight line stuff here).

Anymore 300whp is nothing with stock factory awd turbo cars unless they are older ones, I mean most the evo and sti community are over 300whp with stock turbos and bpu upgrades. I had a chance to ride in a burshur built evo this past summer and hands down was nuts. I dont know what was better hearing a hta35r spooling at 30+ psi or the engine reving 9k rpms or the breaking all 4 tires loose in second gear like it was a crazy animal.

What kind of car did you take a ride in?

Anymore 300whp is nothing with stock factory awd turbo cars unless they are older ones, I mean most the evo and sti community are over 300whp with stock turbos and bpu upgrades. I had a chance to ride in a burshur built evo this past summer and hands down was nuts. I dont know what was better hearing a hta35r spooling at 30+ psi or the engine reving 9k rpms or the breaking all 4 tires loose in second gear like it was a crazy animal.

What kind of car did you take a ride in?

I've driven a couple Subarus. Thorne's back in the day, and my buddies wagon (that's the one that had 300 wheel). I'm sure awd can give you the same exhilaration, but from my experiences it takes a lot more power than it would in a not AWD car.

The car is maxed out..........then...

The only other mod that you could do to it would be nitrous, unless your talking full blown racer, then your could gut it out and lighten it up I suppose.........lol

and if it is maxxed out and your only getting 11's id get my money back considering there a quite alot of 10 second 4 bangers that are beat on week in and week out.\

but good luck all the same.

When I say the car is maxed out, I mean the only way to get it faster right now is boost control and tuning it. It runs 12-14lbs right now, could take more but needs much bigger tires to catch. It only has 205s on now, and the wheels is has could take 215s, but I still think if you wanted major traction youd need slicks on different wheels. Nitrous is the only thing it does not have, and I really dont think it needs it. I beat a civic si last week with nitrous, not sure what else the guy had done though. I'll be posting a better add soon with all the specs and more pics for a clean sale.

When I say the car is maxed out, I mean the only way to get it faster right now is boost control and tuning it. It runs 12-14lbs right now, could take more but needs much bigger tires to catch. It only has 205s on now, and the wheels is has could take 215s, but I still think if you wanted major traction youd need slicks on different wheels. Nitrous is the only thing it does not have, and I really dont think it needs it. I beat a civic si last week with nitrous, not sure what else the guy had done though. I'll be posting a better add soon with all the specs and more pics for a clean sale.

Meh, there's nothing wrong with knowing the current limitations of the car. I'd rather have a lower power car that's more street-friendly than something that can't get traction worth a damn at WOT. Enjoy it how it currently sits and just plan for the next stage of power and power-handling upgrades.

I am new to this site and my name is Ryan Carroll, and I just bought a 95 Integra GSR

Anyways last Sunday I was taking it to get dyno tuned by Brian Turner at

Dyno Tune Motorsports, and of course a rock or bolt broke through my valve cover and messed up the timing belt. I had to drive the car to a nearby Acura dealership because I didnt have time to wait for the right people to respond. Even the guys at Acura had heard about my car before I even took it there because of this forum.

You are very lucky the belt did not break, I put the belt on your car.

lol

You are very lucky the belt did not break, I put the belt on your car.

thanks for the help man

and by "right people" i meant guys who could do it for cheap, but I couldnt wait or take the risk of driving it too far, but $630 for a timing belt at an acura dealership is about what i expected.