HEATED SPACE AVAILABLE SATURDAY

Doc1647545523

The forecast for today is windy/rainy .... not such a nice day to work on cars. I'm going to be washing a couple cars and doing some garage floor touch-up painting. Since I'll be around the garage all day, I thought that if any CR members needed some well-lit, heated space for interior detailing or minor wrenching, they are welcome to come over today. I'm not going to be near my computer, so if you need directions, phone me: 740-405-5565

My garage is south of Delaware, near US 42. Even with my junk inside, there's plenty of room. I have basic tools, floor jack/stands, creeper, extra lighting.

-Doc

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/new%20playhouse/viewfromeastwall.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit you could eat off that floor!

What did you use to paint/coat it with? I'm going to be doing something like that on mine when it's done.

Thanks for the compliment, Buck. :)

Well, it only looked like that until I moved-in. Three days of driving across it with muddy truckloads of junk changed the appearance somewhat.

The product that was used is a garage floor ureythane paint from Sherwin Williams. If you want, I'll look up the exact paint number. I'm not so sure I'd recommend it. I found that the drag radials picked up the paint when the cars sat, even though the paint had cured 4 days. That's why I was doing some touch up today, and am now using plastic between the tires and the floor.

I didn't have much choice with the surface, as my landlord was providing the labor force and paint .... the place was really dirty and the floor was torn-up, so I felt it was a very nice gesture on his part.

If I were going to do it myself, I'd much rather use this stuff: http://www.armorcladepoxy.com/ very durable, not expensive, easy to use, and the final product is beautiful.

Where'd they put my piano?

Ummmm, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. :(

You see, the guys came to move the piano and it got caught on an oil cooler which was sticking out from the front of the bumper on this old Corolla jalopy that I'm storing for some drift guy. What that oil cooler was doing stuck out so far from the car, I'll never know.

Anyways, the Corolla actually looks better now that the piano is stuck on the front and covering up the oil cooler. So, we figured we'd just leave it there.

Ummmm, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. :(

You see, the guys came to move the piano and it got caught on an oil cooler which was sticking out from the front of the bumper on this old Corolla jalopy that I'm storing for some drift guy. What that oil cooler was doing stuck out so far from the car, I'll never know.

Anyways, the Corolla actually looks better now that the piano is stuck on the front and covering up the oil cooler. So, we figured we'd just leave it there.

http://media.firevortex.net/icons/custom/green/fv-green-bat.gif

Yea but docs so old an slow he. Is kind of one of the special needs people.

Old and slow, eh :wtf:

As I recall, this was the view you had of Doc Old & Slow at a few drag strips last year:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/oldandslow.jpg

If I had the parts that I need for fixing on my car, I would've probably taken you up on the offer, Doc. Kudos for offering that out to people here.

Hahaha doc u may but old but u are funny as shit

Paul, I've never read a single sentence from you with decent grammar but..

actually, I don't know where I was going with that.

Where is this garage space?

Want to rent space out when you are not using it?

KillJoy

It's on London Road on the south side of Delaware. I use it for storage and for cleaning cars, so there's never a time when I'm "not using it." Right now it has 6 vehicles in it, soon to have 9 vehicles in it. Although it's 3000 SF, I have other things stored there as well and like to keep a lane open to get cars out without having to move things, and also like to keep a clean-up bay area.

If you need it for wrenching short term, let me know and you can use it for free when I'm in town. I'm usually around, but I also travel a lot (usually early in the week).

If you need it for wrenching short term, let me know and you can use it for free when I'm in town. I'm usually around, but I also travel a lot (usually early in the week).

Is the temp controlled? Or do you turn it on when you get there?

This is a bit out of my way, but I would be more than willing to make the trip to rent a decent area for minor car repairs in the winter. I am sure others would as well...

KillJoy