Avoid Cycle Search! Warning Females!

ScrappyGrl

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i don't like buying salvage title bikes. pain to sell when you are done with it. maybe a clean title bike from them. 1st or 2nd starter bikes can be had cheap clean titled in abundance. what is a 1995 ninja 250 worth? or a es 500? if i am going to spend 8k on a newer sport bike would just buy a new bike. not much more money at all. maybe i suck at money management. but salvage resales suck. 1000 questions from a buyer and book value does not mean much to a salvage title. now for a track bike salvage is ok. but not for cs prices.

been to cs a few times, every time i ask myself why did i drive here after i left. salvage parts at 50% off list is not that great. new parts can be found at 35-40% off list. and used parts are cheap. i needed 1989 Honda hurricane 600 rear sets for a nsr project and cs wanted 90 bucks per side. for old ass corroded rear sets.

Hey I'm just a construction worker you get the idea.

Don't worry about people correcting your grammer/word usage! I have a master's degree and my spelling is HORRIBLE and most of the time I use the wrong words! You want to know why??? This is just a darn internet forum. ;) It's not like I'm presenting a paper for publication. hehe.

After reading this whole thing for a half hour :mad:

I would never do business with this place. Yeah I don't live anywhere near Cycle Seach. But even if I was in the area and had to get a part to get home it wouldn't happen. I would rather pay a tow truck to get my bike home and deal with it myself. The company name is burned into my memory. Not because of the OP but what Cycle Seach member himself.

Now for the OP's situation.

What a bunch of B.S. If a customer asks for OTD you give them OTD. If you need to educate them on what that means, then do it! If it was my wife that got laughed at or even felt like she was being treated rude I would demand a face to face apology. That way her and I could see the reaction of the employees that were involved. People can say anything over a phone or in a letter but face to face that's another story. And if the manager is a manager at all he would find a way to make it happen. Even though we would walk right back out the door with no bike. Just because of this old saying-

Burn me once, shame on you, Burn me twice, shame on me.

Cycle Search Fked up and it will come back to haunt them. I have seen 3 bike shops in Mentor alone go down the tubes for the same type of thing. Good service is a hard thing to find. Hell I left my last three jobs because I wasn't permitted to treat people with the respect they deserve. I was told "they have the money and we want to get it. Do whatever you can to take it all." "Even if it means lying to them or not giving them what they pay for." "Make money off their ignorance". To me there is no way I'm going to do that to anyone. People work hard for their money and don't deserve to be treat that way. I know if I did it would be ugly! Damn temper! :beating:

This utter direspect is running rampid in business nowadays. Makes me sick!

So are you more upset about the "ghetto buildings" or the "chauvinistic pig"? That company has been in the same place for over 10 years and its far from "ghetto" in Delaware. It's fucking cold in Ohio in the winter, they are not there to supply you with heat. I'm sorry about the situation, I really am. But we all want something at the price we think we should pay. I want an Evo, but dealerships are still selling them at 27k and up...but I know damn well I can get one on a forum for less.

do the dealers sell rebuilt salvage evo's no....

Wow, what a read.

As a business salesman your main priority is to get bikes sold, not joke around with your customers. You don't know someone well enough to joke with them, and it could lead to having a customer walk out the door with a bad image, which in this case happened.

No matter how good of a salesman this guy is, you just missed out on a sale, and plenty more from the way people view your shop now.

Salesman are there to make the customer happy, get bikes off the floor, and to be sure that their experience with your company is top notch. Joking can be done after the fact.

As far as out the door goes, when this is brought up that means they want to pay that price and that is it. They don't want all the extra amenities that are offered, and don't want to deal with tax or any of that. An easier way to deny that offer is to just say that you can't go that low. Common sense should tell you that.

do the dealers sell rebuilt salvage evo's no....

you missed my point. I will not bite at a vehicle just because it is close and end up paying more than I want. Obama's new religious advisor has a nice speech about Americas need for instant gratification. Buying something we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't even like.

you missed my point. I will not bite at a vehicle just because it is close and end up paying more than I want. Obama's new religious advisor has a nice speech about Americas need for instant gratification. Buying something we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't even like.

And what the hell does this have to do with this thread??????

hmmmm, a threat to make the deal or I will trash you on the internet.

The plot thickens.

If that is the case, super uncool and makes her look like an dumba$$.

No one seems to care that she threatened bashing without even a chance at redemption.

I have stayed quiet for too long. I can't believe that Cycle Search continues to try to defend themselves on this forum. A business with more sense doesn't continue to belittle a customer...nor continue to argue on a "public forum"...they try to make things right personally. They go out of their way to do anything to rectify the situation. If I were the owner of that company...I would have both of those men in my office first thing Monday morning. The posts have made that company continue to look bad! I am sure that people will think twice before buying a bike from them.

At this point, I don't even want an apology from that man. I think that both have them have belittled me in person and on this forum. The only apology I would ever accept would be from the owner of the company. Too bad I was told that I couldn't talk to the owner because ..."he doesn't talk to the customers." Cycle Search would have to do some serious a$$ kissing to EVER get my business back... or the business of any of my friends. I hope they have learned from this situation. They should take all of their customers serious, not make jokes about the things they say, and not laugh at their concerns.

Thank you fellow Ohio Riders for your support. Never feel bad for standing up for what you think is right.

Still yet no sign of any way we can make it up to her. I have heard the following:

1. You guys just need to think about how you are going to make it up to me.

2. I am going to go on Ohio Riders and rip you a new one.

3. Cycle Search is going to do some major a$$ kissing to ever get my business.

I have said numerous times and I will say it again. Tell me what I can do to rectify the situation. You have yet to answer that question. I want to make things right, but you are not helping me out here. Also remember, you brought it to the open forum, not me.

Also to lizard, 450 units is quite a bit for a dealer with only 9 employees wouldn't you agree?

i've never had a problem with justin, mike or ray over at cycle search. They have been very good to me over the years and are good people. I must admit though, that I have heard a few bad things about this Mitch person, whom I have yet to meet.

i've never had a problem with justin, mike or ray over at cycle search. They have been very good to me over the years and are good people. I must admit though, that I have heard a few bad things about this Mitch person, whom I have yet to meet. PS - Im Gay and like little boys..

WTH drew!!..

Cycle Search continues to belittle the customer......

in his last reply it doesnt appear to me he is trying to belittle you, it seems as tho hes trying to come to a resolve you would be satisfied with. tell him what would make you happy or chuck the whole thing as a bad experience and dont buy from him and move on my dear

Cycle Search continues to belittle the customer......

Asking for insite as to how you can be pleased is belittling you? I am asking for your guidence on how to resolve all of this. This will be my last post on this thread. IF you decide you would like to give Cycle Search a chance to make it up to you, PM me.