Attorney Recommendations...

HotCarl

So apparently my brother got in a bit of trouble regarding his CCW and had his gun and license confiscated by CPD. Im not sure how he's going about getting them back but he needs an attorney. Im sure he has a shit ton of connections as he always does but I was wondering if anyone knew of any attorney's that work with CCW laws regularly and can be of some assistance?

I'll pass both of these on to my brother. He's not so concerned about price but im sure he'll go with the cheaper one. Besides its a really soft case and shouldnt take a whole lot of work for the lawyer to get it throw out. Austin do you have Ken Hansen's number by chance?

Did he fail to notify?????:confused:

Thats what the officer's trying to say but this is where is 'grey'. Had he notified as soon as he got on the scene he would've had to interupt the officer's investigation while he was interviewing a suspect (a big no no even without concerning a ccw) as soon as the officer approached him he notified and the cop to which the officer said "i know". There's ALOT more to this story but im trying to sum it up. He was going to be arrested but thankfully we're good friends with an officer in the area and he made a phone call. In the end they confiscated his piece and his ccw license.

Thats what the officer's trying to say but this is where is 'grey'. Had he notified as soon as he got on the scene he would've had to interupt the officer's investigation while he was interviewing a suspect (a big no no even without concerning a ccw) as soon as the officer approached him he notified and the cop to which the officer said "i know". There's ALOT more to this story but im trying to sum it up. He was going to be arrested but thankfully we're good friends with an officer in the area and he made a phone call. In the end they confiscated his piece and his ccw license.

thats gayness. i would have done the same. i wouldnt interrupt him, and would wait until he came up to me. just like if i walk into a gas station and a cop is getting coffee, im not going to go up to him like "hey, i know we're in the same place and im required to notify you, heres my permit, now im gonna go get a corn dog and a frozen coke"

thats gayness. i would have done the same. i wouldnt interrupt him, and would wait until he came up to me. just like if i walk into a gas station and a cop is getting coffee, im not going to go up to him like "hey, i know we're in the same place and im required to notify you, heres my permit, now im gonna go get a corn dog and a frozen coke"

ha, ive done similar scenario's. Now that im carrying more often what happens if i see an Officer at Jersey Mikes or the corner store or somewhere public. I dont want to cause trouble or panic among regular non-ccw people but I dont want to come off as threatening to the officer if im just trying to do my civic duty and let him know. I think there's too many variable's and too many different situation's, its just going to have to be

Apparently there was a written memo sent around CPD saying that should the officer run your plates and already be aware that you have a ccw it's not the permit holder's responsibility to inform them anymore seeing as how they have already been made aware. The law's and stipulation's on this are always changing so better safe than sorry i suppose.

ha, ive done similar scenario's. Now that im carrying more often what happens if i see an Officer at Jersey Mikes or the corner store or somewhere public. I dont want to cause trouble or panic among regular non-ccw people but I dont want to come off as threatening to the officer if im just trying to do my civic duty and let him know. I think there's too many variable's and too many different situation's, its just going to have to be

Apparently there was a written memo sent around CPD saying that should the officer run your plates and already be aware that you have a ccw it's not the permit holder's responsibility to inform them anymore seeing as how they have already been made aware. The law's and stipulation's on this are always changing so better safe than sorry i suppose.

They know you have a CHL, but that can't tell if you are armed or not. That is why you are supposed to notify on traffic stops

They know you have a CHL, but that can't tell if you are armed or not. That is why you are supposed to notify on traffic stops

This was a debated topic in my CCW class. Do we notify if we have our license or if we're carrying? Does that make sense? So if im in a traffic stop do i say "officer I have my license but im not carrying" or vice versa? I took the 'better safe than sorry' route and assumed I would make the officer aware regardless.

This was a debated topic in my CCW class. Do we notify if we have our license or if we're carrying? Does that make sense? So if im in a traffic stop do i say "officer I have my license but im not carrying" or vice versa? I took the 'better safe than sorry' route and assumed I would make the officer aware regardless.

We were told to just notify if you are armed. Basically if you aren't armed, and don't notify, there was nothing that you didn't tell them.