Toyota Direct on Morse

BIGGU

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with Toyota direct,

Long read, short form id give them a C- for their efforts.

Every other time in the past we have never had an issue with them.

Last week we were getting gas and decided to drop by and see what all they had at the lot left over from Mazda, turns out they still had some "brand new" Mazda’s sitting outside so we decided to see what kind of price we could get or if we could even do any deals on them.

*side story*

When a dealer ship goes under and then transfers cars to another they are technically transferring title for the car and that car is then considered used.

Well we went in to the Toyota dealership and stated talking with a sales man and we got the keys and decided to move the car into the service bay that way it would be light and warm ( we got there around 7:40PM ish so it was late and windy. The sales man then said ok well I can move it for you and sounded very confident in his ability but I now know that was a bad idea. He got in the car, turned the car on and then couldn't even find reverse (6 speed car). Once he found it he tried to back it up revving the shit out of the engine. (Clue number 1) once he backed out he revved the shit out of the car again and stated the car off in 3rd gear (clue 2). He had to stop at a stop sign they have at the dealer ship and he then stalled it right there with us in the car. Got it stated and stalled it again. He finally managed to get the car up to the service bay and got to the door and got out to open the door. I don't know if he was nervous or what happened but the next think I knew I heard the sound of a fart and the un-god full smell of raw shit. Not only does this guy stall the car out but he farts in the car before we even get in the garage. As soon as we get in the garage he says “excuse me real fast I want to check and see if the other people I know are coming by. (He probably left to go wipe his ass). Once he returned he grabbed the plates and we took it for a test drive. I absolutely loved the car driving it and it was such a blast. We went to the sales manager and told him were interested in a few of the cars he has and told him the colors he has and ask for prices.

MSRP was $24,XXX on the black and grey car and then $25,XXX on the White one (extra for the pearl paint).

This sales manager says the best he can do is $22,345 for the black and gray and $23,345. Not nearly what a "used" car should be going for. We told them OK well ill think it over after we argued with them a bit on it being used. After this happened we were walking out and another sales man approached us and started talking about it and he seemed to know what he was doing.

Next day arrives, we decide to go back and look at their white car that they had we found the second sales man and see if we can see the white car. Bad news, they can’t find the car and they have no idea where it is at all. They found the envelope for the car along with the owner’s manual but no keys at all. We looked for the car and then asked for a few people and they said oh the car is in the old Mazda service bay, it’s been there since Mazda closed doors. I said I would like to go look at the car and see if maybe the keys were in the car and so they were. Looked at the car everything was in order except it was missing the trunk mats and then the floor mats. Well we say ok and talking with the sales man we make an offer for the car we felt was reasonable on the car ($19,700 as its "used") sales man said well we can talk about it. After some talking with another manager he said well I can do $21,390 on black gray and $21,480 on the white. Price isn't bad but I could go get a real used one same everything for $19,400 with only 6,000 miles on the car.

We leave store and accept that we will now have to go to Dayton to get the other used one.

Sunday morning is here and we made up our minds were going to Dayton to look at the car there but hey let’s make one more attempt. So we stop by the dealer again and the general sales manager is there (only man that can make the deals for the cars). we go in and start talking with him and he’s still very firm on the " well it’s a new car" bull shit and so we call the finance person over and ask her about the situation, we said this "if we were to get this car and then finance it, what would it be considered, new or used" she looks at us then the sales manager and says " well it’s going to have to be used since the title has changed hands" BINGO! we talk with the general manager some more and we say well we will meet you half way on your price, FINALLY he agrees to the price of $20,500 for the car.

Great were getting the car no more issues right? Wrong.

as were filling out the paper work they take the car in and get it detailed, fueled up and ready to go and the sales man comes back and says he can’t find the owner’s manual or second set of keys for the white car and can’t find the owner’s manual for any other Mazda which is bull crap because we saw the manuals 2 days ago!

we finished the paperwork I deal with financing and then we made a comment well I’m sure you can get the stuff for us(manual and keys) and they said no we can’t, were not a Mazda dealership we can’t get that stuff.

Even better it turns out that to get another key made and programmed for the car we have to have at least 2 master keys.

We ended up calling up Mazda USA and they will be sending us a check to cover the price of another set of keys and to reprogram the car and they will also be sending us an owner’s manual.

Guest tbutera2112
Sounds like why they don't sell Mazdas anymore, keep that shit up and they won't be selling Toyotas either. You gave them more chances then I would have.

i see what you did there

Guest tbutera2112
Speed 3. damn copy cat Crystal White Pearl one too :D

i got that...but where did he say thats what he got? he just said he got a mazda, didnt say what kind...unless i missed it?

Congrats on the purchase.

I'm not sure what the legalities were when they shut down Mazda direct and moved the inventory to the Toyota side. Did they have a temporary Mazda dealer license to move remaining inventory?

When was the "In service date" on your car? If the warranty had already started, you bought a "used" car. Dealers trade all the time, but that doesnt mean they are used when they sell.

Just curious as to the factors that made you think you bought a used car. Thx.

Guest tbutera2112
Congrats on the purchase.

I'm not sure what the legalities were when they shut down Mazda direct and moved the inventory to the Toyota side. Did they have a temporary Mazda dealer license to move remaining inventory?

When was the "In service date" on your car? If the warranty had already started, you bought a "used" car. Dealers trade all the time, but that doesnt mean they are used when they sell.

Just curious as to the factors that made you think you bought a used car. Thx.

so we call the finance person over and ask her about the situation, we said this "if we were to get this car and then finance it, what would it be considered, new or used" she looks at us then the sales manager and says " well it’s going to have to be used since the title has changed hands" BINGO! we talk with the general manager some more and we say well we will meet you half way on your price, FINALLY he agrees to the price of $20,500 for the car.[/Quote]

big enough factor for me!

Sounds like a smart ass sales manager implying because they just bought it, it's now a used car...sorry, it just doesnt make sense if the Mazda was previously untitled.

the main reason as i understand a dealer has either X number days to either sell the car or start paying for a title on the car. When the Mazda dealership closed down they sent all 09's back to Mazda and any other remaining stock was then either auctioned off or sold off. it just happened that these mazdaspeed3's and a few others were actually sold to Toyota.

they were sold to Toyota because they sat on the lot for the X amount of days and Mazda began to pay for the cars which means they began ownership. like i said when the Mazda dealership closed they were just sold to Toyota causing the title to transfer.

Long story short, Derek and I went in there to buy a new Mazda3, white, non speed version, that they had leftover. We were going to trade the truck in. They offered us $2k for the truck (a slap in the face) and then when we said no, the guys told us to 1. either run the truck in to a tree, or 2. "let the bank take it back." And take on the car we wanted. We reported him to the manager and the manager called the next day kissing Derek's ass. We did not buy the car and I would never recommend them. Ever. They have some shady stuff going on.

I bought my 06 civic from there back in October. I have a similar story of being jerked around. When I got the car they told me they would go get the real key as it was just the Valet key that i test drove the car with. Well they couldnt find it and it turned out that the one manager was on his high horse and after the paperwork was done decided he didnt want to get a key for me.

I finally got ahold of the GM 2 weeks later (Biehl Belva) and he agreed to pay me whatever it was to get the key cut and programmed, which turned out to be $110 from Honda Marysville. That also included Mazda Directs discount they get at Marysville.

I got the key made on Nov. 6th, because it took 2 weeks for someone to finally have the GM call me back. Then just today I had someone in accounting finally tell me they would be cutting the check. Ive been dealing with them to take care of this since the second week of November.

Id give them a C- as well.

I know this doesn't help Toyota direct at all

but my 30 day tag expired today, I still do not have my title to the car. I called them on Saturday asking why i don't have it and they said they forgot. i asked them to go get it on Saturday and they refused to make the special trip to go even get it. i now how to wait till Tuesday to even get my title and now my 30 day tags are going to be expired. looks like ill just put the plates im transferring onto the vehicle and if anything happens ill give the ticket to the dealership and make them pay my ticket.