Denny Dotson...........

Aaron

take some advice from someone thats been in ur shoes b4. you DONT want to put urself deeper in debt then you already are esp. b/c u got a quick love for a car. It be dif. if the car you got now is paid off and ur making money on it if u sold it but

a) you owe 52 monthes on it

b) ur 5k upside down

c) you will be going into 2 more yrs of debt on top of what you're in now if you trade it in

d) ur throwing money away in the end.

Just stick w/ ur car now man, its a nice one. pay it off and then look at others and keep that as ur daily

OR

sell youre car outright, save money for a year or 2, buy car you want w/ cash and have no payments

I am just really bored with my car I guess. Still looking for 10k cars to see what is out there.

Anyone have any suggestions for a solid 10k car that is fun to drive?

And for those not keeping track, I try to get rid of my car about every 2 months lol.

I am not trying to be a dick but classified ads that are currently listed are inflated numbers that people are NOT getting out of their cars in this market. Manheim numbers are REAL sales that happen every day. They ARE the market. ie. if R32s were flying off of lots for 20k I promise they would bring a lot more than 13,2 at the sale

I was really just trying to make sure you weren't getting shafted. After hearing the whole story I don't think you are.

what you keep forgetting is that most people cant go to manheim and get a car...how many R32's have you seen at the columbus auction...I havent seen any....

what you keep forgetting is that most people cant go to manheim and get a car...how many R32's have you seen at the columbus auction...I havent seen any....

exactly. Real world values for a well maintained 04 R32 are around 17-22k depending on condition and miles. Obviously high miles and bad condition are worth even less.

No they don't run through very often. Columbus hasn't had a transaction on one in over a month

02/20/09 MANHEIM Lease $13,700 56,854 Avg TORNADO

01/29/09 CHICAGO Regular $12,400 42,049 Avg PRPL

Those were the two closest. I dont expect someone to be able to buy an R32 for the 13k, 14k, or hell even 15k. I just said 18 was too much. He wanted to know what I based my opinion on and I explained it. After I found out more about the deal I told him to go ahead and do it. I need to stay out of the car buying threads......

No they don't run through very often. Columbus hasn't had a transaction on one in over a month

02/20/09 MANHEIM Lease $13,700 56,854 Avg TORNADO

01/29/09 CHICAGO Regular $12,400 42,049 Avg PRPL

Those were the two closest. I dont expect someone to be able to buy an R32 for the 13k, 14k, or hell even 15k. I just said 18 was too much. He wanted to know what I based my opinion on and I explained it. After I found out more about the deal I told him to go ahead and do it. I need to stay out of the car buying threads......

No, your info was appreciated. Basic info like that, however, does not take into account the extra special cars that enthusiasts usually are looking for. Take your auction values, add 500 to get the car to a dealer, 1000 for new tires or misc items and the usual 4k markup and you are right at 17-20k.

It helped me figure everything out. The more aspects to take into account, the better off the buyer will be.

Thanks for all of the help.

I have daily driven my SS all winter. Rain, snow, ice, everything. I know my car isn't in perfect condition so I guess that's why I don't care. I just wash it regularly. Only problems I've had with mine are the battery I just replaced, and my ABS/traction control sensor is loose (or something) so sometimes it shuts my traction control off. If I turn the car off and back on thought it usually fixes it. I just haven't bothered looking into fixing it yet. But I went from a 2005 RSX Type S with 4XXXX miles on it, to this car with just over 77k, and I couldn't be happier.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I traded in my Acura and bought my Camaro at *gasp* Denny Dotson. I've heard the horror stories, and even experienced one myself, but I've also had good experiences there, and have friends that have too. If you're going to go there, do so with caution. But if you're lucky you can walk out with a great car and a hell of a deal.

And you can't beat the sound of the R32.

That statement is so wrong it pissed me off.

You can beat the sound of an R32. There are so many cars that can beat the sound of an R32, it is pathetic. Hell, VW has made cars that sound better than the R32. So has Audi. And the Big 3. And Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, and many, MANY other auto makers. Even the Japanese and Koreans make cars that sound better.

Actually, I wouldn't even think the R32 would be in the top 200 best sounding cars. Probably not even the top 300 or 400.

I always thought the R32 was a big rip-off. Too much money for what you get.

You can beat the sound of an R32. There are so many cars that can beat the sound of an R32, it is pathetic. Hell, VW has made cars that sound better than the R32. So has Audi. And the Big 3. And Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, and many, MANY other auto makers. Even the Japanese and Koreans make cars that sound better.

Actually, I wouldn't even think the R32 would be in the top 200 best sounding cars. Probably not even the top 300 or 400.

That just made me spit water.

:D

I am just really bored with my car I guess. Still looking for 10k cars to see what is out there.

Anyone have any suggestions for a solid 10k car that is fun to drive?

And for those not keeping track, I try to get rid of my car about every 2 months lol.

bored with your car?? you've barely started paying it off. like everyone has said, denny is a thief and a crook--i know nothing about him other than things i've heard on this site from people who are very reasonable. with the economy the way it is, now is not the time to be playing musical cars with the dealership, especially a stealership like denny dotson--you will always come out on the short end of the stick.

I didn't mean it was the best sounding car ever made. It was a generalization about the cars in its class, and it is my opinion. You can not say my opinion is wrong on something that is 100% subjective.

With that said, name a car from VW that sounds better than the R32. The 2.5 I5 sounds like an R32, but not nearly as good. Also, the only Audi's I think sound better are the 4.2 V8's, and the V10's.

The mustang V8 sounds great too.

these are all my opinion though.

Thank God, a good old fashioned Joe post. I thought these had gone the way of the dinosaur... :D