Question About Dual Valve Springs

InferAl

There is a setup designed for our Hemis by Power Ported Performance and Ferrea but the Open spring pressure seemed kind of high but infact it may be what is normal for a Dual Spring

But this is the first Dual I have encountered 160 closed......450 open good up to .650 lift

image.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x281/PPP-Tech/Heads/DodgeHemi61LFerreaComponents006.jpg

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x281/PPP-Tech/Heads/DodgeHemi61LFerreaComponents008.jpg

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x281/PPP-Tech/Heads/DodgeHemi61LFerreaComponents010.jpg

I didn't purchase this yet, it comes one way already installed on the heads that are purchased.

I was just curious what the guys that run LS1's with dual springs what the pressures are thats all

So if you are running Dual springs I am just asking what the open closed pressures spring are............just a question

not asking whats the best for me and it probably varies but I just want to see what I think is high is really high or average

Thanks

Guest Removed

dont most of the lsx motor run behive springs?

but you will over load the rockers etc.

not to sure about performance stuff for the new hemis.. best call one of those big shop out there building them and pick there brains on the setup.

if your getting heads with big springs on them , there much be a reason why! like a heavyer valves, so and so forth

Guest Removed
We have had a problem breaking the beehives maybe it was the geometry. They tested the rockers and said no problem there.

just make sure you dont have to much pressure, you should be ok.

are the cams in those rollers?

if so, you should be fine with the spring pressure, just hope there plenty of oil making it to the lifters so the dont collapse

I busted a couple of stock lifters in my buick with triple springs

new lifters fixed it up

your cam card should recomend a lifter set and spring to match if it doesn't call the cam grinder and ask them what spring the recomend

There is not many choices, there is only 1 lifter and that is the stock one there is no aftermarket one yet.

Guest Removed
I busted a couple of stock lifters in my buick with triple springs

new lifters fixed it up

your cam card should recomend a lifter set and spring to match if it doesn't call the cam grinder and ask them what spring the recomend

triples :confused:

stock lifters :confused:

now it makes no sense. i get it thanks

dont most of the lsx motor run behive springs?

but you will over load the rockers etc.

not to sure about performance stuff for the new hemis.. best call one of those big shop out there building them and pick there brains on the setup.

if your getting heads with big springs on them , there much be a reason why! like a heavyer valves, so and so forth

yes all LSx engines come with beehive springs, but I'm running crane dual valve springs, can't remember the spring pressures off the top of my head but I can try and find the spec sheet

Extensive testing has shown 110-115 lbs. seat pressure provides the best power throughout the operating range up to 7500 RPM. In addition, the dual-coil design maximizes harmonic control while providing maximum insurance against dropping a valve due to a broken stock-type single spring. Although designed and intended for use with Crane LS1 cams, these valve springs have shown significant improvements in low-end throttle response and top-end power with the stock LS1 valve train! The installed seat pressure is 112 lbs @ 1.800'' with a maximum recommended lift of .650'' at the valve with an accompanying open pressure of 352 lbs. For 2002 and newer applications, it is necessary to remove the stock spring seat/guide seal assembly and use Crane 270-144460-16 spring seat inserts with 2001 valve guide seals.

O.D.: 1.275''

Seat Pressure: 112 lbs @ 1.800''

Open Pressure: 352 lbs @ 1.275''

Maximum Lift: .650'' at the Valves

my push rods are upgraded, I have titanium retainers, crane valve seats, and keepers, but the lifters are still stock plus I have 1.7 ratio rockers due to my cam profile, 1.8 ratio isn't recommend because of how aggressive the cam profile is in my car. hope this info helps on what your looking for

triples :confused:

stock lifters :confused:

now it makes no sense. i get it thanks

cam card said stockers were ok (shrug) they were brand new from crower and I got new ones for free. mighta just been bad lifters?

I also had to buy a checking pushrod and have special length pushrods for a couple of cams I've run to keep from breaking stuff

Extensive testing has shown 110-115 lbs. seat pressure provides the best power throughout the operating range up to 7500 RPM. In addition, the dual-coil design maximizes harmonic control while providing maximum insurance against dropping a valve due to a broken stock-type single spring. Although designed and intended for use with Crane LS1 cams, these valve springs have shown significant improvements in low-end throttle response and top-end power with the stock LS1 valve train! The installed seat pressure is 112 lbs @ 1.800'' with a maximum recommended lift of .650'' at the valve with an accompanying open pressure of 352 lbs. For 2002 and newer applications, it is necessary to remove the stock spring seat/guide seal assembly and use Crane 270-144460-16 spring seat inserts with 2001 valve guide seals.

O.D.: 1.275''

Seat Pressure: 112 lbs @ 1.800''

Open Pressure: 352 lbs @ 1.275''

Maximum Lift: .650'' at the Valves

Thanks for going through the trouble of digging that up

not a problem, I think there might be newer springs out now, I would definitely call someone to make sure you get the right springs for your application

Things have been real slow comming with these modern Hemi's, this has been the first head offering with dual springs, the valves and everything has changed to make up this package.

Here is a part of the info on them:

These have been in testing for 6 months and we finally able to release them. Entire kit was designed and engineered by Ferrea Racing for Power Ported Performance

Good up to .650 lift with stock rockers

Valvetrain is stable up to 8,000rpm and 65psi

An FEA analysis was performed on the factory rockers after being subjected to 8,000rpm and .650 lift with no additional wear. The valves are Ferrea Competition Plus, easily the best valves on the market today. The springs are made by Pac Racing specifically for Ferrea to use with this valvetrain. Retainers are titanium and the locks/locators are machined and hardened.

Things have been real slow comming with these modern Hemi's, this has been the first head offering with dual springs, the valves and everything has changed to make up this package.

Here is a part of the info on them:

These have been in testing for 6 months and we finally able to release them. Entire kit was designed and engineered by Ferrea Racing for Power Ported Performance

Good up to .650 lift with stock rockers

Valvetrain is stable up to 8,000rpm and 65psi

An FEA analysis was performed on the factory rockers after being subjected to 8,000rpm and .650 lift with no additional wear. The valves are Ferrea Competition Plus, easily the best valves on the market today. The springs are made by Pac Racing specifically for Ferrea to use with this valvetrain. Retainers are titanium and the locks/locators are machined and hardened.

so what's the cam specs their testing this set up with or is it the stock cam? and if you plan on buying these heads etc.. are you changing your cam?

so what's the cam specs their testing this set up with or is it the stock cam? and if you plan on buying these heads etc.. are you changing your cam?

From what I know it was tested on a Spinatron machine and I would assume that would use the lift of bigger cams to test.

It would be possable I might do a bigger cam mine now is .576..570 lift 230-236 duration