Actual parenting so rare that it makes news:

Science Abuse

Awesome, I applaud that.

Your sig pic contains two different languages, and the Latin translates; Liber* or dead.

I'm just sayin'. :)

*Liber just means "free", and in a latin sentence rarely means anything on it's own; it needs an ending, a suffix, to make it fit in the sentence. The way you have it listed, it's a proper noun. Lucky you, it's a god of booze and fucking. Mortuus just means "dead", and needs to refer to some one or something... like Liber. If you take out "vel", your sentence says "Liber is dead" (probably cirrhosis or syphilis).

You have many good options for "death". For your purpose, I'd go with Nex, since it refers to violent death as in; Nex pro inhonesto / death(in battle) before dishonor.

Latin doesn't work like English, you can't take the same approach when building a sentence.

Edited by Science Abuse

Your sig pic contains two different languages, and the Latin translates; Liber* or dead.

I'm just sayin'. :)

*Liber just means "free", and in a latin sentence rarely means anything on it's own; it needs an ending, a suffix, to make it fit in the sentence. The way you have it listed, it's a proper noun. Lucky you, it's a god of booze and fucking. Mortuus just means "dead", and needs to refer to some one or something... like Liber. If you take out "vel", your sentence says "Liber is dead" (probably cirrhosis or syphilis).

I'm aware. The first would be Greek, the second obviously Latin.

Luckily, I do not care too much about proper sentence structure of Latin. I chose liber simply because I prefer that to the other words meaning free of liberated. Vel as you know means "or" and mortuus you have pointed out, means "dead". Ignoring proper structure (intentionally done as there are few people around who study Latin) "liber vel mortuus" essentially means "free or dead".

I'm aware. The first would be Greek, the second obviously Latin.

Luckily, I do not care too much about proper sentence structure of Latin. I chose liber simply because I prefer that to the other words meaning free of liberated. Vel as you know means "or" and mortuus you have pointed out, means "dead". Ignoring proper structure (intentionally done as there are few people around who study Latin) "liber vel mortuus" essentially means "free or dead".

To me, it will always say that you would rather be dead than not drunk'n'fucking like ol' Liber.... watch out for that syphilis :p

You could stick with Greek: Ελευθερια η θανατος

To me, it will always say that you would rather be dead than not drunk'n'fucking like ol' Liber. :p

You could stick with Greek: Ελευθερια η θανατος

I wanted Greek but I am not familiar enough with the language. I probably will switch it to that, thank you. I'm not going to lie, I did not think I would encounter someone who had studied Latin.

I don't know though, it might be good with the literal Latin translation, lol.

I'm almost entirely lost on greek.... fortunately, Greece's national motto IS "Freedom or death", it's written all over their patriotic stuff. :)

Lol, complete ignorance of foreign culture just owned me.

I'm almost entirely lost on greek.... fortunately, Greece's national motto IS "Freedom or death", it's written all over their patriotic stuff.... right next to "FUCK TURKEY!" usually. :)

The "FUCK TURKEY" part just reminded me of the grandma in "My big fat greek wedding" Who was sneaking around trying to kill the turks.