City making motorcyclists pay for parking

armin922

yes its true. they made a bunch of new spots and say the 50 bucks is to cover the signs, paint etc... dunno if its good for a year or forever. if you have to get a new one each year then those must be some expensive signs :rolleyes:

they will start ticketing i think april first.

ok so i went and got my permit today. i was kind of miffed about the price, but then i just think that i pay 25 a WEEK to park my car downtown and then 50 for a whole year doesnt seem too bad. although i could ride my bicycle and park for free lol.

im not a fair weather rider either, so its not like im only going to park once in a while in june july and august. my bike is really my main source of transportation.

i was the second person to get a permit. dude in line in front of me got the first one. bastard. lol just kidding

so here is what you get:

http://i41.tinypic.com/16h856x.jpg

so the 50 is going for a kickstand coaster, 2 stickers and 3 brochures in addition to the signage and paint.

btw, the spots are free for all two wheelers after 5pm. the permits arent for everyone, but IMO if you have a bike and live or work downtown, it can be very helpful. if you live in dublin and go downtown for dinner once every 6 months, probably not for you :p

you can get the permit at the impound lot: 400 east whittier street