HVAC Down!!!

zeitgeist57

I have a rental house in Grove City...and the tenants called property management over the weekend to say that the heater is broken. Here's the thing: the house was effing built in 2004. Even for a high-wear rental home, you'd think the heater would last more than 5-6 years.

AirTron (prop mgt emergency HVAC peeps) quoted $1683 for repair, $1800 to $4000 for replacement. I'm getting another quote from American Mechanical, but if anyone out there could do a quote for repair TODAY I would appreciate it.

I just can't believe an HVAC unit can fail ENTIRELY in less than 7 years...

Guest Removed
Air Quest HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING

(614) 866-COOL(2665)

Do it.. do it now.

Z06G on here.

You need new HVAC peeps btw ;)

plus one for z06g

call him, he can fix you both up

Just called AirQuest...spoke to Jeff Weaver. Nice guy, great info.

Wifey has a trusted "friend of the family" HVAC guy going out as we speak, but if for some reason he fails me I'll call Air Quest back.

Monday...Dow is tanking...This whole issue smells like a shit sammitch that I'm probably gonna have to eat anyway. :)

EDIT: I had some crappy renters a couple of years ago...almost 100% sure they never changed the air filters :(. Hence, the problem...

Guest 614Streets

(614) 866-COOL(2665)

Do it.. do it now.

Z06G on here.

+2 Get ahold of garrett

(614) 866-COOL(2665)

Do it.. do it now.

Z06G on here.

x2. Great service, follow up and fair in price. Took care of an AC unit for us last year.

Word of advice, renters: if you call in HVAC service...and your lease says that YOU are responsible for furnace filters...DON'T let the HVAC company document that there was no filter on the unit!!! Tenants are getting stuck with the bill...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/tmyksg8.gif

Word of advice, renters: if you call in HVAC service...and your lease says that YOU are responsible for furnace filters...DON'T let the HVAC company document that there was no filter on the unit!!! Tenants are getting stuck with the bill...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/tmyksg8.gif

Good stuff.

What ended up being the cause / repair?

KillJoy

No filter for a long time...evap/heat coil clogged with I-don't-wanna-know-what...no airflow...tenant turned up heat...blower motor fried.

They have dogs. Again...I don't wanna see what the inside of the furnace looks like.

No return Air for blower motor=stressed/fried motor, but im suprised high limit switch did not shut off the motor...

I've been at Newarks Hospital all day for a family member, so I apologize on responding late. Clay, I assume you got things under control now, Kevin get a hold of us tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the good word!

There wasn't a "Hi-limit" sensor installed on the unit to begin with! :eek: . . .fault of the house builder/HVAC guy originally???

Our HVAC guy cleaned out the coil, replaced the fried electrical panel that was overloaded and not wired properly, tested the blower motor, and showed the tenants how to CHANGE THE FRICKIN' AIR FILTER! (left a box of filters at the house, too). $550 in parts and labor, and everything is working well according to the tenants as of a few minutes ago.

Thanks, all! :thumbup: