• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
All it takes is money.

and 99% of the time, the faster car has more money in it

besides, all that power and cant even fix the damn brake lite thats out :(

Certain shops in these parts have proven that statement wrong. Many times.

It wasn't a blanket statement that covers the entire fucking racing universe.

It covered the 8 second C6 Z06 in this thread. And I've been around enough "cheap" builds to know there is almost always more wrapped up in the cars than people allow the public to know.

It wasn't a blanket statement that covers the entire fucking racing universe.

It covered the 8 second C6 Z06 in this thread. And I've been around enough "cheap" builds to know there is almost always more wrapped up in the cars than people allow the public to know.

Some yes, some no.

The GrassRootsColt went 10.9@128 on literally nothing-it now has more money in body repair than anythign else, but hell its 100% mint. Show quality work at this point. Hell, I itemized when was in my pile when I was trapping 150mph an DDing the POS. I miss it to the point that I am an inch away from building another.

I think it takes skill more than money to make a car fast. Im sure you have seen MANY instances where people have pelted their Vette/RX7/Stang/Whatever with their credit card, just to have it blow up, eat motors, catch on fire...ect. On the other hand, you have seen Joe Dirt in his rusty beat Camaro going bottom 9's on a junkyard BBC and a Holley 850 he found in his barn.

In the end-I see it as "No amount of money cant fix Stupid"

im sure mark an jason will be out again to get the title, last year was there first season on a whole new setup. im sure there changes they did over winter along with more seat time can gain it back. eathier way bad ass car an goodluck guys

Looks like our guys had better get back out there. Those burnouts were disgusting. :p

We are not worried :)

I figured one of the crazy custom one-off twin GT40 or huge single set-ups would show up the first track day of spring and pop-off a low low 8 right off the bat. Running 8.8x is fast but even that car has a little more in it yet.

The 8.8 C6Z has a Cartek built LS7 with a Ysi blower set-up (We are finishing the exact same set-up on a customers car right now) that he did the 4L80 swap in. It "Only" made 950rwhp with the 6-spd so it most likely didn't break the 800s with the automatic. It is down on power quite a bit as compared to our Twin-turbo set-ups but it is quite a bit lighter (Right around 500lbs or so). The 17" M&H/Skinny combo certainly helps out as well. The car cut 1.32 60s so that and the weight is really the only difference in terms of ET right now.

How much faster Mark and Jason go will be largely dependent on how much weight we can lose and how effective some of the small changes we made over the winter turn out to be. Mark's car weighed in at 3640lbs w/o a driver so it is taking quite a bit of power to trap 158-159mph. With heavy wheels, full factory interior, a/c, NAV, and then the addition of the Iron LSx block and full TT kit and roll-bar and everything else in it she is no featherweight for sure. What sucks is that to run anywhere other than a select few local tracks both cars need a full cage and chute and other safety goodies and all that just adds more and more weight.

We are looking very forward to getting out as soon as the tracks open and getting the record right back :)

Jeff

Edited by Turbotrio

Pump gas and a shit-load of Meth doesn't = Pump gas to me. I guess my E85 car will be called "Pump Gas" all year too then lol.

Jeff

People think it does but then again those are the ones that complain there opponent runs race gas.

My VW chuggs it and it wins. Why lose;)

I heard the 3000gt will kill all this summer////........

Pump gas and a shit-load of Meth doesn't = Pump gas to me. I guess my E85 car will be called "Pump Gas" all year too then lol.

Jeff

Thats the only part I was really surprised about, until I read the video comments and found out it was meth injected.