8s in a C6Z

Mopar

I heard the 3000gt will kill all this summer////........

Shhhhhhhh -- you are going to jinx it :)

Jeff

EDIT: Just for the record, I fully expect it to be one of the slower cars we finish up this summer.

Edited by Turbotrio

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhhhhhhh -- you are going to jinx it :)

Jeff

EDIT: Just for the record, I fully expect it to be one of the slower cars we finish up this summer.

That my friend made me giggle.

IPS Aint no joke.

I sees what you did by using the word "slower":bangbang:

Did either of the turbo guys put cages in their cars yet?

Nada. Mark has a 4-Pt roll-bar which gets him legal to a 10.0 but that doesn't do much good. He turned the boost controller completely off in Memphis (Slow as the car would go) and it went 9.80s lol.

Both are planning on doing full cages before the season gets going and most likely parachutes as well.

Jeff

how do mark and jasons slips breakdown up to the 1/8th?

I haven't seen the actual slip yet from the 8.8x car so it will be interesting to see. The 1.32 60-ft is the only number that seems incredibly hard to believe (Brought up on CF) but who knows. The best C5 60-ft is a 1.32 and that thing lifts the front wheels off the ground on slicks/skinnys. He was just rolling out and supposedly matched it. I dunno...

Jeff

and 99% of the time, the faster car has more money in it

besides, all that power and cant even fix the damn brake lite thats out :(

That car fucking moves out.

I'm with Gearhead though - as I'm watching it, I'm like, "Okay, this guy's has to have $100K in this car, and yet the fucking tail light is out???"

^^ And you guys clame to be car guys!? Jesus, don't you know that it's weigh reduction. :rolleyes: an ounce here and there adds up to a good weight savings. ;)

Certain shops in these parts have proven that statement wrong. Many times.

X100, I know a 12 second Grand Prix isn't shit compared to an 8 second Z06, but there are guys who buy heads and intercoolers for their GP's that can't run what I run with out heads or an IC. Money doesn't necessarily mean faster times, although it really helps.

How about them reaction times...

Got to spool that turbo! :D

I haven't seen the actual slip yet from the 8.8x car so it will be interesting to see. The 1.32 60-ft is the only number that seems incredibly hard to believe (Brought up on CF) but who knows. The best C5 60-ft is a 1.32 and that thing lifts the front wheels off the ground on slicks/skinnys. He was just rolling out and supposedly matched it. I dunno...

Jeff

no i ment your vettes timeslips

Que? Since when is a 4pt bar legal to 10.0, last I knew an 8 point was the only legal bar down to 10.0 and anything faster had to go to a cage.

Wrong on both accounts; you need a 5 point to be legal down to 10.0 (you don't need a side-bar for the passenger side, which is why a 5-point is fine).

An 8-point (assuming the halo over you, and the other points meeting forwards of the driver), is good down to 8.5.

Hmm.

I find it interesting how the bulbs light up and then go out as the car moves forward. Looks like to me the car is being staged with the rear wheels. A 1.32 short time is amazing considering how easy the car leaves.

Go back and watch the video and tell me the car is not staging with the rear tires.

Second edit. Now I am not sure if the car is staging with the front or rear tires. The second pass shows the bulbs lighting up a second time when the car leaves. That would indicate the rear tires are passing over beams after the car leaves.

I just find it so hard to believe that kind of 60' for how easy the car leaves.

Hmm.

I find it interesting how the bulbs light up and then go out as the car moves forward. Looks like to me the car is being staged with the rear wheels. A 1.32 short time is amazing considering how easy the car leaves.

Go back and watch the video and tell me the car is not staging with the rear tires.

Second edit. Now I am not sure if the car is staging with the front or rear tires. The second pass shows the bulbs lighting up a second time when the car leaves. That would indicate the rear tires are passing over beams after the car leaves.

We are thinking the exact same thing...

Hmm.

I didn't watch the video a second time to see where he staged, but I know on my Z06, the front airdam would trip the beam before the front tires did so his might be doing the same thing which is why you'd see the staging lights kick on twice. Not sure, but it was just a thought.

Oh, and I agree; that doesn't look like a 1.32 launch to me.

Wrong on both accounts; you need a 5 point to be legal down to 10.0 (you don't need a side-bar for the passenger side, which is why a 5-point is fine).

An 8-point (assuming the halo over you, and the other points meeting forwards of the driver), is good down to 8.5.

8 point bar has no halo. 10+ point cages have halos.

As for the rest of your post, I'm going to find my rulebook brb.

Jeff

I trap what he goes in the 1/8th lol

30MPH gain on the big end!! :eek:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/Frans402/IMG_1828.jpg

His 60-ft (1.32) is what is crazy. The car looks like it launches just like every other drag-radial C6 I have seen. That was the only part of the pass I wasn't buying. Since it took over a week to post up a slip (And one day to put together a video and post it) it seemed even more fishy lol.

Call me crazy but I don't see Mark or Jason doing a whole lot better on Slicks/Skinnys and leaving on a brake (In terms of 60-ft) Vs his launch just rolling out on DR's. Once we get cages and the 4L80s installed I guess we will find out...

Jeff