8s in a C6Z

Mopar

30MPH gain on the big end!! :eek:

Mark's car gains 37.66 for comparison :)

We get our ass-kicked to the 1/8th and then the power difference allows us to walk away on the big-end. Hopefully the cars will get a chance to line-up this summer :)

Jeff

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

I find it interesting how the bulbs light up and then go out as the car moves forward. Looks like to me the car is being staged with the rear wheels. A 1.32 short time is amazing considering how easy the car leaves.

Go back and watch the video and tell me the car is not staging with the rear tires.

Second edit. Now I am not sure if the car is staging with the front or rear tires. The second pass shows the bulbs lighting up a second time when the car leaves. That would indicate the rear tires are passing over beams after the car leaves.

I just find it so hard to believe that kind of 60' for how easy the car leaves.

The builder is very sketchy... It does explain the the 60' times

From all indications. And the car was launching on juice and a trans break as well, from insiders.

We get our ass-kicked to the 1/8th and then the power difference allows us to walk away on the big-end. Hopefully the cars will get a chance to line-up this summer :)

Jeff

Keep in mind- the faster you go int he front 1/8, the slower you will go in the back 1/8th unless you pick up more power.

IE-If you gain 20mph in the front, don't expect to keep anything near that 37mph on the back half.

Oh, I plan on busting the shit out of this guys time and so does Mark. We are currently working with IPS to convert the cars to 4L80's which will help a ton in regards to our ET's because of gearing, 8 point cages to make us legal, and maybe some new turbo's to increase power. Fact is this guy only has a max of 900rwhp on his setup and with the same 4L80 we'll be making 1000-1200rwhp depending on what we do on Turbo's. We don't need more power to beat him, just plant what we already have.

Other thing to remember about our times last year, they were also done with "pump" gas(100 octane). 100% full street trim, meaning huge 18" front and rear tires. My front tires alone weigh in at 60#'s each. We can shave 70#'s in front end weight with skinnies alone.

Couple goals I have this year.

1. Get kicked out for running faster then 8.50

2. Prove Coltboostin wrong that my car will trap higher then 160 (did 159.16 last year)

3. Drive to the track from my house run an 8 and drive home

4. Hook at Marion!

While this guy running a 8.8 is impressive and I'm not taking anything away from it, him being first is only temporary. IPS knows there shit and is taking good care of both cars as we speak. We're hoping they'll be completely ready to go May 1st!

That vette was movin!

Jeff

That would be sweet!

Maybe because there is something fishy with this whole deal. Maybe it's me, but I have a hard time seeing a 900rwhp car running a 8.8 @ 154 his first time out... WITH a 1.32 60'. You all see how the car comes out, and does it look anything close to what Jamies Supra or any other car that gets 1.2's and 1.3's?

Some yes, some no.

Im sure you have seen MANY instances where people have pelted their Vette/RX7/Stang/Whatever with their credit card, just to have it blow up, eat motors, catch on fire...ect.

LOL you sly devil you

http://smiliesftw.com/x/inoutugh.gif

http://smiliesftw.com/x/blackface.png

There was some shit in the EVO world where the guys were puting a plate under the car. That would keep the light from tripping after the front wheels would pass the lights.

True story

Here's one thread about it

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21453&highlight=cheat

I keep waiting for someone to call Bullshit on this guy's pass, but I don't want to be the one since it would be percieved as jealocy. I do find it fishy (and so do many others by the looks of my PM box) that they made it from building to 8.81 in 5 passes. That seems like crazy progress to me.

I have also found out after the fact that they were launching on N20, running Meth, Open headers, at a "family" track day, and have been known to cheat before. This things coupled with the comments comming to me from PM's make me wonder what is going on.

I keep waiting for someone to call Bullshit on this guy's pass, but I don't want to be the one since it would be percieved as jealocy. I do find it fishy (and so do many others by the looks of my PM box) that they made it from building to 8.81 in 5 passes. That seems like crazy progress to me.

I have also found out after the fact that they were launching on N20, running Meth, Open headers, at a "family" track day, and have been known to cheat before. This things coupled with the comments comming to me from PM's make me wonder what is going on.

even if he did all this stuff. hes still the first in the 8's witch has me in aww. i hope you guys can make it happen this summer. good luck

Maybe because there is something fishy with this whole deal. Maybe it's me, but I have a hard time seeing a 900rwhp car running a 8.8 @ 154 his first time out... WITH a 1.32 60'. You all see how the car comes out, and does it look anything close to what Jamies Supra or any other car that gets 1.2's and 1.3's?

i know a talon that 60s 1.12s and leaves just like that ones does

im not talkin about the awd one.

when you guys gonna realize its not all about hp. making more power isnt do shit if you cant lay it down

When are you going to realize this car is not an all out race car...

If we wanted to build a race car, we would have done so. Ultimately it does come down to a power to weight ratio, and traction. If we wanted the car to hook better Mark could allow us to cut up the rear of the car, and pull 1.1's 60 fts all day long if not better.

Its to what extent you want to take a build to.

And what front drive DSM's that are not *DRASTICALLY* modified cutting 1.2 60 foots? Last time I checked their were no RWD stock versions ;) .

To all you guys having to put cages in to run.. Have any of you ever been to dragway 42 in west salem? That track is the most hillbilly place ever but they are so lax. Im sure you guys could get away with no cage there. I mean it doesnt help that one lane is bumpy but just dont run in that lane haha

I hear the shutdown is kinda small... I can't shut down at Kilkare already... At Muncie on one pass I went past the end of the shutdown, so it goes like this...

With the new additions going in right now we are expecting 165+ traps and need all the shut down we can get. We will prob have to install a parachute just to slow the car down.

Now lets not even try to go that fast on a hillbilly track with small shut downs.

As for why my car isn't cutting faster 60's than some other cars, it's because I am doing all I have done on the factory IRS with FACTORY Axles!

How many other guys can say that? Only suspension work done to my car is that we replaced the stock struts with coil overs. I bet you can't find a talon running 1.1's that can say that.

I had a race car, a 2200lb 67 camaro with a fiberglass front clip and lexan windows and aluminum interior, transbreak on a glide and rear tires that could hook on grass.

Thats been done... What we have accomplished in the Z had not been done prior to our doing it. Now this other guy beat me to the 8's, but lets see what happens if he accepts our request to line them up.