rental car question

SRTurbo04

ok so in augest im going back to california for a week an i need to rent a rental car. well at that time ill be 23 so the under 25 years old age thing goes on yadayada i accept that. but im tryign to book now due to having some extra funds. but im reading threw the terms an conditions an it said the company will place 250$ hold on my bank account or credit card when arriving at the location to pick up the car.

Does this mean im paying for the car now (200) but when i pick it up, there going to be puttign an additional 250 from my account untill i return it?

Or do i wait to pay when i get there an they only hodl 250 total from my account?

please no thread crapping in here please. i need first had experience please thanks

It depends on where you are renting from. When I worked at Enterprise we would put a hold on your card when you came in for the amount of rental plus a weeks worth of the rental for a deposit.

Puting a hold on the card just makes sure the money is there but does not charge it. It would cause you to not have access to the funds.

Your best bet would also be to call and speak to somebody and have them fully explain it to you and get as much info as possible.

If you have any other questions let me know I did 2 years in the rental wars so there are a few tricks to make sure you get the best rate and don't get screwed.

It depends on where you are renting from. When I worked at Enterprise we would put a hold on your card when you came in for the amount of rental plus a weeks worth of the rental for a deposit.

Puting a hold on the card just makes sure the money is there but does not charge it. It would cause you to not have access to the funds.

Your best bet would also be to call and speak to somebody and have them fully explain it to you and get as much info as possible.

If you have any other questions let me know I did 2 years in the rental wars so there are a few tricks to make sure you get the best rate and don't get screwed.

hmm dammm ha ive alreaddy gotta dish out an extra 175 for this dang trip just for behing under 25 so my nice 200$ rental became almost 400 bucks an not sure im gonna have an extra 250 for them to put a hold on my account as ill be in a wedding that week an dam bills r coming up in augest. is there any way around this or no?

and also i have my own insurance are they going to try to tach onto my bill as im under 25?

hmm dammm ha ive alreaddy gotta dish out an extra 175 for this dang trip just for behing under 25 so my nice 200$ rental became almost 400 bucks an not sure im gonna have an extra 250 for them to put a hold on my account as ill be in a wedding that week an dam bills r coming up in augest. is there any way around this or no?

and also i have my own insurance are they going to try to tach onto my bill as im under 25?

Get the extra insurance on it and BAJA the fuck outta it.

Bam Margera "LAnd Speed"

One of my favs!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/72203/rental_car/

There really is no way around the deposit unless you have a shady person renting you the car and they want the deal or they screw up.

As far as insurance that depends on the company I suggest taking there's. Yes it does cost more BUT provided you do not violate the contract it can really be walk away coverage.

I had a guy that parked his car in a very bad part of cleveland. The thing got destroyed and he just paid for the $133 worth of insurance and that was it.

Get the extra insurance on it and BAJA the fuck outta it.

Bam Margera "LAnd Speed"

One of my favs!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/72203/rental_car/

Tempting but I'm originally from so cal so ill be in the desert. With long travel sand rails an prerunner trucks so I'm set haha

Damm haha iim spending too much money on the bachlor party. Ahhhhhh dam renal car companies.

for $400 you can fly round trip on the right days, southwest and airtran airways have some really good deals out right now. southwest has $49 flights and airtran starts at $39. more than likely you will be around $300 for round trip tho. gl

for $400 you can fly round trip on the right days, southwest and airtran airways have some really good deals out right now. southwest has $49 flights and airtran starts at $39. more than likely you will be around $300 for round trip tho. gl

yes im aware ive alreaddy got a flight but its when i get there for 7 days the rentals 200 but they want to put a hold on my account for an additional 400 on the days i have it....

Paul, sometimes your company may have a policy where fees for being under 25 are waived. I know you are renting it personally, but call reservations and tell them what company you work for.

Also, you can make the reservation on one card and when you turn it in then you can pay for it with a different card. I'm not sure if that helps, but I had to do it a few times. (reserved with company card so my personal card did not limit my funds access).

Paul, sometimes your company may have a policy where fees for being under 25 are waived. I know you are renting it personally, but call reservations and tell them what company you work for.

Also, you can make the reservation on one card and when you turn it in then you can pay for it with a different card. I'm not sure if that helps, but I had to do it a few times. (reserved with company card so my personal card did not limit my funds access).

that makes sense i am goign to give thema call tomorrow

do this (and trust me, because i had to rent when we went to florida in july and i was 23)

go to travelocity or priceline, whichever william shatner does that lets you name a price

check prices of car size/class you want. you wont be able to get a caddy or lexus or anything luxury, but you can get most other cars.

when you go to put in your bid, it will say "if you are under 25, check this box, and understand there is a per day fee of XX dollars, so factor this into your bid".

well, me being new at it, i think the per day was like 23$, and the extra fee for under 25 was $25 a day. i put in a bid coming out to $40/day, or around 280+tax for the week.

now in retrospect, i should have checked the box, put in a bid of 3-4 bucks over the per day cost, and if they say no, go up another 2-3 bucks until they accept it.

shit, you could even try to check the box and bid what the normal rate is. what happens is, once they accept it, they cant hit you for any more fees, except tax. so if you need it for 7 days, put in a bid for $25/day, thats $175, make sure you check box saying youre under 25, and they can only charge you the $175 + any sales tax and insurance you decide to get.

you will need to give your CC info, they'll tell you about what the price will be, and submit your bid. they'll offer it to all the companies, and if one accepts your bid, it will charge your CC right then, and you'll get an email with all the confirmation stuff. if they dont, it'll tell you, then start over and up your bid a few bucks more