Why Seafoam?

thorne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
I used it in my Z, seemed to run a little smoother. I used in the gastank, and crankcase. I have heard people complain that they think it fouled their injectors though.

well a bad injector cant be blamed on a cleaner. granted the cleaner may have made it worse, but IMO a good product brought out the fail in a old wornout part :D

Seafoam is a good thing to use if you know you have a lot of carbon buildup. A lot of people have used it with good results, including myself. BUT, it is one of those things that can give you problems as well. Just like switching to a synthetic oil from a dino oil, it can remove some seals that have formed over time in the engine and cause some minor headaches, but generally people have good results more often than not.

It kills O2's granted they were already close to due but it completely killed mine on the Mustang. I didnt notice a big difference. Ive been tempted to do it on the S4 but these 02's are on the way out now too and I dont have much time to fix them.

On a side note I was at the gas station about an hour ago and a guy with a black 300z was putting some in his tank. Clean car too.

well a bad injector cant be blamed on a cleaner. granted the cleaner may have made it worse, but IMO a good product brought out the fail in a old wornout part :D

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking, I had good experiences with the stuff.

I used it on the Beater after I repalced the Head Gasket. It definately made that little Quad 4 idle smoother. I added it to the Gas Tank, and to the Intake. Shortly after, I replaced the O2 (it was $14 :D ), just because.

It is worth it on an older vehilce, IMO. Dunno on something newer though....

KillJoy

ive also used it in beater, i always change oil soon afterwards if ran thro crankcase, also put it in gas tank as welll... i always seems to run better with no ill effects

also run it in lawn mower every once in awhile to clean out carbon and it runs like a champ for a lil while them i dump more in :)

i say if you use it alot or plan to buy the big gallon size its like 35 bucks but its easy to go thro the lil bottles at 7 bucks a time

Used it with good results. Every shop i have ever worked in uses some kind of similar product, and I have never had bad results from this type of service. Most cars run noticably better. However the ones that don't show a difference are usually the newer ones that really didn't need it. I suggest it all the time because I beleive in it. We charge $109 for this service at NTB, Monro it was $99. DIY $9, good deal.

I used it with MMO soakings in my saturn engine. It helped my oil burning problem. It took 5 oil changes for it to happen. I went from burning 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles to only half a qt. So meh...

Anyone had negative results in a high milage engine? My miata is pushing 170k miles, and while I'm sure seafoam would clean up a lot of gunk, I'm afraid it might clean up a little too much (in the form of old rubber seals, etc).

Anyone had negative results in a high milage engine? My miata is pushing 170k miles, and while I'm sure seafoam would clean up a lot of gunk, I'm afraid it might clean up a little too much (in the form of old rubber seals, etc).

Put it in the crank case on 2 cars, both with around 100k miles, both spun rod bearings within 1000 miles.

I won't touch that stuff.