Apartments with attached garages

street pilot

Anyone have any recommendations for apartments around columbus (and burbs) that have attached garages? Price should be less than $1K/mo and within 30ish minutes of downtown.

I found a few on some apartment search websites, but I want to make sure I am not missing any.

my dad stayed in one on agler rd in gahanna...its about 1/4 mi west of stygler rd. the garage was 1.5 cars deep, so you could park and store shit up front. 2br/2ba with an enormous unfinished basement. i think it was 850/mo. i think its the woods of gahanna but i could be wrong...main office is on jessica way.

Lakeview Square

Corner of Sawmill and West Case

Please stay away from this place. I had two cars broken into, as well as the apartment. If you do decide to live there, just remember to give them 90 days notice that you are leaving and document ANYTHING wrong. I complained about a broken window for six months and had a work order entered at least three times. The bastards charged my room mate and I $300 for replacement when we left and that was after being assured that we wouldn't be charged for it.

That reminds me, I still owe them a brick through their front window.

Sorry, off my soapbox now.

There are some brand new ones at the corner of 256 and Livingston Avenue in Reynoldsburg. They are nice. I believe they were built as condos and are nor being rented because they could not sell in the current market. They are behind WesBanco and Ritters.

Lakeview Square

Corner of Sawmill and West Case

Please stay away from this place. I had two cars broken into, as well as the apartment. If you do decide to live there, just remember to give them 90 days notice that you are leaving and document ANYTHING wrong. I complained about a broken window for six months and had a work order entered at least three times. The bastards charged my room mate and I $300 for replacement when we left and that was after being assured that we wouldn't be charged for it.

That reminds me, I still owe them a brick through their front window.

Sorry, off my soapbox now.

Yeah, I'm still there. Use the garage, or your shit will probably get broken into. It's cheap, but the maintenance sucks.

Anyone have any recommendations for apartments around columbus (and burbs) that have attached garages? Price should be less than $1K/mo and within 30ish minutes of downtown.

I found a few on some apartment search websites, but I want to make sure I am not missing any.

You can buy a condo with an attached garage for about that much, in hilliard. I know one open just a few doors down from me.

You can buy a condo with an attached garage for about that much, in hilliard. I know one open just a few doors down from me.

I'm not really looking to buy, but do you know if those are only condos behind meijer, or is that what you were talking about? They looked like decent places but I couldn't find a rental office, name, etc.

I'm not really looking to buy, but do you know if those are only condos behind meijer, or is that what you were talking about? They looked like decent places but I couldn't find a rental office, name, etc.

why? buy now, keep it for a few years until the market rebounds, and dump it. you could find a 3 bedroom house with a 2 car garage for less than what you're wanting to spend to rent.

not to mention, if you havent purchased a home in the last 3 years, you can claim a refundable tax credit for 10% of the price, up to 80k (ie, buy anything 80k and up, and you can get a check for $8,000 from the .gov). stay there 3 years and you wont have to pay it back. if your credit is decent, you should be able to get rates below 6%, maybe even close to 5% flat.

River Oaks Apartment Complex

My sister works there as the leasing person and they have 2bedroom w/ 1 car garages, and 3 bedroom w/ 2 car attached garages. The 2 bedrooms w/ 1 car attached are i think right around 8. Its maybe 500ft from roberts and dublin.

My opinion is to stay away from Lakeview Square. Lived there for a year and a half and nothing but problems. Always raising the rent and could not get them to do repairs. Car was broken into once and the motorcycle was stolen out of the garage.

Harvest Glen off of Georgesville and Norton is pretty nice. I've got 1100square feet, 2 bed 2 bath, plus a good garage for $865 a month including water and two pet fees. All appliances, including microwave(a good one) and washer/dryer. Tons of closet space. Garage is nice, a bit less than 1.5 cars deep. But if you get an upstairs apt like mine, there is a big cubby under the stairs, large enough to store a desk, half the interior of a car, and a ton of junk. It's also more than big enough to park a motorcycle.

EDIT:

Due to the recent fuckery by management, I am retracting this recommendation, and will say:

HARVEST GLEN IS MASSIVE FUCKING FAIL

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=915031&posted=1#post915031

Edited by GonneVille

I have lived in Lakeview Sqaure for about 9 months now without really any complaint. Knock on wood I have never had my sh*t broken into and neither has my roommate and he doesn't even use the garage :). we pay $800/month without any utilities.

E Broad and Waggoner, Lifestyle Communities. We have Condos and apartments with attached garages back here.

I live there also...but live in a condo.......We should smile at each other sometime and give a way. So watch out for a silver Grand Am w/ hail damage and a big ass dent on the front right.