Lets talk ls1, turbos and capabilities

BDHG940

Im not a GM guy really and havent looked into these applications too much. Im curious what power is considered "safe" on the ls1 cars. I just joined ls1 tech so I can start asking more questions but just figured I would post this up for the mean time to see what I can find out

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to do a z28 first I think for mockup around the hotside I have then do the firebirds. The hotside stuff should be the same as I understand on the camaro and firebird but Im assuming the intercooler piping setup is going to be different. Honestly I havent even really looked much under the hood but I want to do some of the ls1 applications now.

Are the high 500, low 600 cars you guys mention nitrous or s/c t/c cars? whats considered fairly safe to drive on pump gas applications? low 500's?

I have to run down there to pick some stuff up for my car, Ill pick his brain about them when Im down there. For some reason I was thinking higher power on the ls1 cars with pump but I guess "safe" is key in that statement.

im getting excited about this, I want to try a kit on one of these cars and see what power I can make and break some shit while doing it.

I want to produce a full kit, keep the price below 2k with a master power 70mm turbo and base it for the normal street car guys without the h/c/i and get as close as possible to pushing the motor to the limit(or over)

Chad if you answered your phone you would be able to ask and learn more about this. Possibly even help with my build. Anyways 600 or so whp seems to be the max on stock bottom/internals. I am looking to push the limits of my setup though. Just like every other build....tuning is key.. so on that note, who here is really good at tuning megasquirt?

my phones busted dude, I dropped it and the screen shows calls but doesnt answer or let me scroll though names to get numbers. Pm me your number, Ill give you a call tomorrow, Im about to crash right now though

I dont know if he is on here still or does it but at one time when I was going to try to use megasquirt on my rb swapped 240, someone mentioned neonjon had tuned with it before. Dont know and dont even know who I heard that from

my phones busted dude, I dropped it and the screen shows calls but doesnt answer or let me scroll though names to get numbers. Pm me your number, Ill give you a call tomorrow, Im about to crash right now though

I dont know if he is on here still or does it but at one time when I was going to try to use megasquirt on my rb swapped 240, someone mentioned neonjon had tuned with it before. Dont know and dont even know who I heard that from

Right on man...I was wondering why you haven't answered or replied to my texts the past few days. Anyways, sending my number now

Stock bottom end cars?

550rwhp is safe all day long on spray and boost. 600 rwhp is where you start to hold your breath. If you put all ARP bolts throughout the motor, it will live for a long time at 600rwhp.

You can make 700rwhp with the stock bottom end but, who knows how long it will last.

I want to produce a full kit, keep the price below 2k with a master power 70mm turbo

not going to happen you will get nickeled and dimed when you add all the junk that is needed to support it.

most people with a Mp70 cant get much past 500rwhp..maybe 550 at most.

not going to happen you will get nickeled and dimed when you add all the junk that is needed to support it.

Wanna takes some bets now? Aside from injector, pump and maf, Ill have a kit with an mp70 for less than 2k. I have done it for the 5.0 and 4.6 cars already

I have to track down an ls1 camaro to mockup with and do the fab but as soon as I get a car, it will be in the works. Stay tuned....

if it can be done...he will do it, you might want to start believing now.

Wanna takes some bets now? Aside from injector, pump and maf, Ill have a kit with an mp70 for less than 2k. I have done it for the 5.0 and 4.6 cars already

I have to track down an ls1 camaro to mockup with and do the fab but as soon as I get a car, it will be in the works. Stay tuned....

i do know a thing or to about turboing an ls1, i have also seen 1000 of your type that think they can do it in your price range and fail.

just for clarification, are you doing this for your personal car? or planing on selling a kit or something?