anyone know a good plumber?

smokin5s

I think maybe???? I know there is a plastic tab that allows me to control how far around I can open the valve.... I played with that and made it open about as far as I could open it.... is that what you mean?

I know I can't blow into either side.... the piece that it all slides into actually has 3 holes... 2 where the valve slides into and 1 that I have no idea... maybe both pieces of the valve are each hot and cold and the small hole goes up to the shower?

I have fuk'd around with that exact same valve. There are adjustable settings on that valve that you don't have right. I had a real similar issue with the handle not traveling the correct distance. It took me hours but I finally figured it out. I also took it back and got a second one that did the same thing as the first one (because there was nothing wrong with either of them) I think that I read the directions real good and finally determined where I was going wrong. My guess is that if you have the correct valve, there is probably nothing wrong with it and you just have to get the adjustments right. The handle is not traveling far enough to open the valve.

I kind of think that as well.... I tried messing with the first valve, but it didn't really make much difference. I thought about actually pulling the screw out of the valve so it allows as much travel as I could possibly want and seeing if it works when I do that.