running cable outlets

evan9381

anyone know what it costs to get cable outlets run to a room that has none, and if its something the cable company can/will do? if they dont/wont, anyone looking to make some $$ on the side?

house im buying has no outlets in any of the bedrooms and i would like to add one to each of the 3 rooms, but i have no clue what im doing.

TIA

Evan

problem is, i dont know how to get to them. i know theres attic access if needed, but i dont believe there is a lot of room to move around. plus, i dont know how easy/hard it would be to go down to the basement if needed, because its a 3 level split, and the bedrooms are over the basement area

maybe nitrousbird will chime in...doesnt he still work for wow?

Most cable companies do a crap job of running cable. I've seen alot run outside of a house, or though the basement up through the floor. A good electrician would be able to do a clean and professional install. Cost just depends on accessability. If i had more free time I'd offer my services.

WOW does them all the time. Wall fishing costs more than a wall-pop/floor pop.

Standard rate is $29.99 trip charge, $19.99 per outlet, $15 per wall fished.

I've done more outlets than I would care to admit to.

And sometimes a line does have to be run outside, unless you are willing to tear up some drywall.