Rx7 + torque= good bye rear end

Linc5.0

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Raises hand* Sploded the diff in my FD as well. I ran a TII diff until my car got crushed. Easy swap. If the LSD doesn't have the spider gear debris to jamb the entire diff and flex the case until it splodes, then you can get away with the stock case. Yes, the case isn't reinforced but has a much better record with a clutch type LSD. then you just have to make sure you control wheel hop.

If you end up going with a TII LSD, I have a set of solid urethane diff mounts, already installed in the dog-bone mounting bracket, I'll sell you cheap.

I've swapped 4 or 5 diffs on my back in a garage. Not too bad except the bolts and Fuel filter on top of the differential.....unless you are a contortionist who owns Gearwrenches!

Michael, Ill be pming you soon.

Guest Removed
get some seals and inner cv boots...ill put some fluid back in it(just till so it will have some), it will be done in a bit. well untill you get me some parts :p

Guest Removed

carnage

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2574.jpg

rotarded. i just remove the torque arm and the axles and the 2 big bolts on the dog bone mount, and it comes right out.

pick that mount from him and i can toss that in it too.

the spider gears are fine..looks like the carrier itself was the issue.

someone find me a subframe from one of these..i have idears to toss at this.