Not sure what to do..

Farkas

Had my wheels up for sale on the VW boards last year and decided to keep them because nobody had any interest at the time.

Fast forward to today, all I've done is refinish them.. didn't even repair all the nicks and stuff on them, just sanded them prepped for paint really well and rattle canned them. Just recently recieved an offer for $700+shipping and not sure if I should bite or not.

look up the same replicas I have on ebay and they go for 400-500 dollars all day long, and with new tires you're looking at about the same cost as what he's willing to pay me.

I have had my eye on some really nice wheels that are 17s instead of 18s.. so this would be me committing to going lower or not. The wheels I have now would need tires by end of summer, and I really want the staggered setup of the wheels I've been looking at. Only downside is that I'd have to fork out the money for the tires now instead of later.. and it's not looking cheap in those sizes.

Specs just for teaser.

FRONTS 17x8.5 +30 57.1mm hub 5x100/112 2.5" lip

REARS 17x10 +25 57.1mm hub 5x100/112 3.5" lip

Even not knowing what wheels you are talking about, I would trade. I am not a huge fan of your wheels after you painted them. I loved them before, but the red stripe and the fact that you can see the Audi rings on the center caps through the black paint killed the wheels for me. (Sorry)

From the looks of those dimensions, you will be flamed by everyone here at CR lol. Stretch and tuck is not in the LSX/Mustang handbook haha.

Any more info on the wheels? brocks? Mercedes? I personally would do it in a heart beat. You know as soon as you decline the offer, you will want those wheels (or others) even more and not a single person will want yours. Its just the way it goes. If you have an offer now, and a means to make it all work, then by all means do it.

From the looks of those dimensions, you will be flamed by everyone here at CR lol. Stretch and tuck is not in the LSX/Mustang handbook haha.

You know how I roll.. flamed or not, gotta set an example :lol:

Although this is a bad example, wayyy too much stretch for me.. but gives you an idea about the wheels ;)

http://images45.fotki.com/v1259/photos/7/704725/5384311/dope4_DZ1-vi.jpg

You know how I roll.. flamed or not, gotta set an example :lol:

Although this is a bad example, wayyy too much stretch for me.. but gives you an idea about the wheels ;)

http://images45.fotki.com/v1259/photos/7/704725/5384311/dope4_DZ1-vi.jpg

Will you be able to get away with any less stretch? 10" wheels mean business. If those are the wheels, I would def do it. They look great. Especially with your jetta front, they would look even better than pictured. :bangbang:

Will you be able to get away with any less stretch? 10" wheels mean business. If those are the wheels, I would def do it. They look great. Especially with your jetta front, they would look even better than pictured. :bangbang:

Well, I think I've already come to a decision.. I pretty much told the guy to show me the money.

Now I'm on the fence if I want to stick with 18s or downsize to 17s. I could certainly make the 10" wides work, no problem. With my 8.5" wides now with the 15mm spacers on the rear my offset is about where the 10" would be.

The car pictured is rockin 17s but I can't tell the tire sizes.. looks like a 40 series sidewall, which I would run a 45. I would have to crank my coils down another quarter inch to look legit on 17s, but just not sure if I can handle that lowness in Ohio or not.

But sizes in question:

FRONTS 17x8.5 +30 - 225/45-17

REARS 17x10 +25 - 235/45-17

OR

FRONTS 18x8.5 +30 - 225/40-18

REARS 18x10 +25 - 235/40-18

ugh, tough decisions in life. :confused:

17" - cheaper tires, better ride quality, lighter (depending on the wheels of course)

18" - more expensive tires, rougher ride quality, heavier (as above, maybe), but may fill the wells out better (read: might look better, although that is subjective)

Me, I'd go 18" on your car. Now the width of the rear... that's all you. :p

Huge fan of the car, you should know that by now, stick with the current wheels. I personally am not a fan of silver wheels on silver cars like that. I think the car would look like a lot of the other dubs out there. Maybe there are a lot of dubs with your set up that I missed somewhere.

Your car in the end though, your the one that looks at it everyday lol.