Where to Buy a Digital Camera

John Bruh

B&H is the most reputable out there. I've been to their store in NYC many times. Adorama is another very good source. I buy most all of my gear from these two. You won't touch either of them locally. Cord has been a long time customer of mine, but are being squeezed hard in terms of available credit, so if they don't have a unit in stock, you'll likely wait until they order it. Crazy and hard for them, but the way of times today it seems. I hope they last.

B&H $447 for Body only. Great deal if you already have Nikon Lenses.

checked ebay same deals that i can get a b&H.

Any reputable business?

Edited by TTQ B4U

look at the reviews for the camera and lense combos (the cheaper ones 549 and less)

horrible reviews. 549 seems the be the cheapest i can find the d60 body and 18/55vr lense combo.

look at the reviews for the camera and lense combos (the cheaper ones 549 and less)

horrible reviews. 549 seems the be the cheapest i can find the d60 body and 18/55vr lense combo.

Not sure what you intend to shoot, but the 50D below is a decent camera. Bodies come and go....put the money in good glass.

One Option:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pho/1059108587.html

Another Option:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pho/1089702102.html

i saw the gold edition for 549 on b&h and didnt see the regular one untill now (529.00) so i just bought from them and considering on the good things ive heard should be a great experience!!

I will shoot some pics once it arrives.

i saw the gold edition for 549 on b&h and didnt see the regular one untill now (529.00) so i just bought from them and considering on the good things ive heard should be a great experience!!

I will shoot some pics once it arrives.

Congrats! B&H is a good place and my experiences there are solid. Wasn't trying to scare you from the other deal, but there are two dozen shady camera shops in NY alone. It's one of the most scammed consumer purchases today since they are among the top items purchased.

Interesting site. Just check out how many shit holes are in Brooklyn alone :eek:

Not all of these are bad but still.....talk about not knowing what the internet hides.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

When I was up in Columbus I did most my shopping at the Cord Camera on 5th until I stumbled into Midwest Photo Exchange and was blown away. For the last year or so I would go there over any other store... even BHphoto. I'm happy to hear you went with bh, they are the only online store I trust. I bought my 70-200, 16-35, and 430ex from there. Great company to work with.

Throw up some pictures when it arrives.

I would be careful buying an expensive electronic item online. In the past I have had issues with electronics and being able to just take them back is very nice. by the time you pay for shipping to return the busted one and get another new one you are out the difference.

just my 2 cents