Fuel Injected or Carb'ed

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

Guest fist302

Carbs can make great power, weigh less and have alot of extra room under the engine bay.

You will have to tune it once and awile but i wouldnt be scared of it. That said i would rather have EFI, but dont let it being carbed stop you from buying it if its nice enough.

Im going to convert my 84 thunderbird to Carb if i keep it.

4 eyes ftw.

I'm looking at an 85 LX that is carburated. I'v never had a carburated car I just want to be able to take it out on the weekends and drive it to the track every Friday. Would this bring me any more trouble?

Make your damn mind up son,

U gotta stick with one thing a goal or your gonna be "lookin'for a car by next winter still.

If I were you dont get a carbed car hot and cold your gonna have to fuck with it to get the most hp out of it all the time.

Guest Removed
Make your damn mind up son,

U gotta stick with one thing a goal or your gonna be "lookin'for a car by next winter still.

If I were you dont get a carbed car hot and cold your gonna have to fuck with it to get the most hp out of it all the time.

not really..that will depend on how built it is...most street cars have one happy setting. and you dont have to fuck with them...

85 was the last year for carb's in the stangs the carbs were made my holley. You'll always hear arguments on both sides as to which is better. I personally prefer efi but I've owned carb'd cars too and it's all a matter of what you're used too. I had a 75 cutlass with a quadrajunk on it in high school. One of the best running cars I've ever owned.

Guest Removed
85 was the last year for carb's in the stangs the carbs were made my holley. You'll always hear arguments on both sides as to which is better. I personally prefer efi but I've owned carb'd cars too and it's all a matter of what you're used too. I had a 75 cutlass with a quadrajunk on it in high school. One of the best running cars I've ever owned.

86 was. 85 was all carbs. 86 you could have either;)

my mustang has a carb and I messed with it i think 2 times this ear I took it to nmra cruised and everything if you get it good enough to where you dont really have to fuck with it then dont now if you want to make more power and stuff their pretty easy to mess with but the good thing is most people know stuff about carbs so you can get help wherever your at but with efi you gotta get it tuned take it somewhere and all that imo carbs are fine

my mustang has a carb and I messed with it i think 2 times this ear I took it to nmra cruised and everything if you get it good enough to where you dont really have to fuck with it then dont now if you want to make more power and stuff their pretty easy to mess with but the good thing is most people know stuff about carbs so you can get help wherever your at but with efi you gotta get it tuned take it somewhere and all that imo carbs are fine

Wat? Use periods, son!

I had a 79 Z28 w/ a 400SB, Holley 750, and that thing was a bitch to get set right. Of course, that car was heavily modded, so that might make a difference. I swore I'd never own another carb'd vehicle again.

You might have better luck. To each their own.