who thinks OSU will be closed tomorrow?

natedogg624

OSU closed?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. OSU closed?

• yes
    • no

Columbus cries over everything. i used to live upstate new york and this is kiddie stuff!.

I know. Once again they got worked up over nothing. I left my house at 7:00am and made it to my first job at Mt Carmel West in 20minutes, total distance traveled 9.3miles. Roads were absolutely fine. However, if it drops into the 20's later like they're predicting then all this water and slush may get a bit ugly!

This is kinda of pathetic weather nothing really major and the whole state freaks out. In Wisconsin this wouldn't even get you a delay for public school. The last day off we had there it was -50 with the windchill. They just need to buy a decent amount of plow trucks. On my 30min drive to work I didn't see any public plow trucks. That's horrible, no wonder this state can't handle snow.

OSU is closed...and open :rulez:

Unfortunately, I am considered "essential" personal and I had to drag my arse into work. :nono: Nothing like having to get up an extra hour early only to come in and be bored to death since no one else had to come!

call in and tell them your dog died while eating your homework, your car lost all four wheels in a freak crime spree, your house is flooded cause the sewer backed up and now you are swimming in shit, and your cat puked in your shoes so you got no way to even walk to work.... worked for me !

LoL, I wish that worked. But they just don't have that sense of humor any more. Bastards :(

Last year they had us using 4 wheel drive vehicles picking up people at home that lived close enough. Sucks that I moved closer to work and even if I called in due to weather they would come and get me.

Unfortunately, I am considered "essential" personal and I had to drag my arse into work. :nono: Nothing like having to get up an extra hour early only to come in and be bored to death since no one else had to come!

That stinks. I am designated essential, but as long as I can work from home I don't have to go in, per university rules. My director told me that I didn't need to worry about working though.

That sucks. I'm listed as essential personnel also. I have a nifty little emergency card that lets me drive in level 3 snow emergencies and all. But I only have to go in if something bad happens, like the server room catches fire (has happened), the air handler in the server room goes has (has happened), a power line falls on my office (has happened), etc.

Seems to me this happened once where I waited in the morning, and gave up and went to CSCC, and I was the only one there... Six inches of snow on the campus, no tire tracks, nobody showed up, they didn't close it till I was on the road, so I did some 4wd donuts and went home.

But this time it looks like a quarter inch of ice. That's not the same. It's raining here...

I think you and I were the only ones there that day, besides public safety.....except I drove in from North of Mt. Vernon......

I do remember getting more work done that day....with no users there to bug me......