I need help. Car Decision...

Skinner

OK, so this last week went out and looked at some cars and took the boys booster seats with me to see what the fit in I have narrowed down my chose to 2 cars but I may not sure what route I want to go.

So here is what I am looking at first up is a black 05 Impala SS

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2009/3/7/259/370/10770439880.259370560.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Car is fully loaded has the series II supercharged 3800 260 hp from what I have seen on the web. Only think that I saw wrong with it is the wing was hit with something.

Pros.

Leather

back seat is larger then the Magnum

Stronger aftermarket (not that I will be doing a lot mod wise anyway).

Cons

tan Interior

FWD

Second car is black 05 Dodge Magnum SXT

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2009/3/7/259/370/10770439870.259370559.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Car is fully loaded as well minus Navi. Has the 3.5 liter v-6 makes like 250 hp.

Pros.

really like the styling of the car.

Leather (dark gray).

less miles then the Impala

cheaper then Impala

RWD

Cons

no supercharger.

wife doesn't like RWD.

no aftermarket support. (not a big issue but this.)

rear seat is smaller then the Impala.

The impala only has 240 HP if that matters. The 260 HP was the 04+ Pontiac Comp G's .

just buy a freakin' mini van. :)

I already have no so no thanks on another.

You just looking for something to putt around in, or something to mod that can also be used to fit the kids?

It will be a DD if I do any modding it will be minimal with the Impala I would probably just do a pulley, intake, and tune.

3 kids and lots of stuff I would imagine. Just curious, what's your other car besides the small Mazda. Give you credit for cramming three in the 3 as long as you have :eek:

Not sure if you checked out any Honda Accords. My 2003 had way more room in the back than my 2006 GXP. Just another thought in terms of midsized with room.

Yeah, because front wheel drive is much more fun than rear :gtfo:

Making wife happy with car choice = her not making you miserable. It isn't always about just you when you have a family. RWD is fine but I wouldn't buy a magnum as my choice.

Making wife happy with car choice = her not making you miserable. It isn't always about just you when you have a family. RWD is fine but I wouldn't buy a magnum as my choice.

Sounds like your mind is made up? If she doesnt want rwd youve eliminated 1 of the 2. So go buy the SS.

Like Andy said I wouldn't DD a black car.. it will always be dirty

True but when its clean it looks sooo damn good.

3 kids and lots of stuff I would imagine. Just curious, what's your other car besides the small Mazda. Give you credit for cramming three in the 3 as long as you have :eek:

Not sure if you checked out any Honda Accords. My 2003 had way more room in the back than my 2006 GXP. Just another thought in terms of midsized with room.

I have never had all 3 in the 3 simply not enough room. Looked at the accord and for the money I was wanting to send and the options/mileage I wanted was not in the price range plus back seat was not big enough for the 3 booster seats.

Honestly she likes the look of the Magnum better but hates RWD in the winter. Also I don't think she knows the Impala is supercharged or even what a super charger is or does. :lol:

Guest Removed

Trans failure... ive seen it with minimal mods.even stock. lower intake gaskets. and so on

how many miles...looks like a used car lot..almost bet it has been beat on.

i have seen them go forever to, if there takin care of. flushing fluids and so on...

but the dodge could fail too. I just like it better. And IMO id drive the dodge. im thinking 3 boys....= you'll need the extra cargo space. feel my drift?

Guest Removed
This conversation is pointless.

Get whatever you wife TELLS YOU to buy.

Married suckers..

and you buy what your boyfriend told you to buy..

Homo @$#^er's

I'd say wagon just for the extra space, which is never a bad thing with the kids.

listen to him..he has a porta pottie he can use in his trunk! and im sure the kids use it too

Guest Removed
Exactly, I'll keep my money thank you very much. Single 4 Life, barring a GF wins the lottery, in which case I am on bended knee in .34 seconds. :nod:

35,000 is like 35 Project mustangs.

more everything i would need for a 604ci sprayed street car..

and one to toy with on the street :ninja: