BULLSHITTERY!!!!!!

V8 Beast

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a real voltage meter. I'm not sure if my little cheap auto zone one is giving accurate information. If anyone has one I can borrow or if anyone wants to swing by I'll be home most of the day. My number is listed in the phone book under...

ifmycarhasanymorenonnormalissuesiwillgutitdriveitoffthecliffandbuildupac6

This is litterally one of the last days I will have time to work on it before the track day so its do or die right now.

I'd be happy to let you use mine but I don't get off until 9 tonight.

If you can wait a week, drop it by and I'll get it done. If you need it sooner, have Rob get it.

Guest Removed
Dont worry about it. I'm just going to take it to a shop and have them fix it. If I go anywhere near that car again I'm going to destroy it.

So... any shops want to make a quick buck?

call me :D

as soon as im done eating i could come figure it out

Guest Removed

Well, im not really sure he is having a issue. he is watching the fuel pressure gauge he has in the car. he says its dropping to 50 under load...which i didnt see. yeah it drop's a tad when you stab it(its 60 at idle). and the returnless system is just stupid IMO. at max he is having a regulator issue. it's not electrical , i will say that much. i think it has something to do with the alternator fucking up for so long, that he has it in his head there is something wrong. he says the a/f looks fine, but fuel pressure is moving around. i told him to stop watching the fuel pressure, and start watching the a/f at wot in 3rd...if its not leaning out, theres not a issue.i told him to drive it and not watch the f/p.

i did end up swapping the factory relay out just for shit's to see if it stop dumping. but like i said i think that was part of the alt issue

Well, im not really sure he is having a issue. he is watching the fuel pressure gauge he has in the car. he says its dropping to 50 under load...which i didnt see. yeah it drop's a tad when you stab it(its 60 at idle). and the returnless system is just stupid IMO. at max he is having a regulator issue. it's not electrical , i will say that much. i think it has something to do with the alternator fucking up for so long, that he has it in his head there is something wrong. he says the a/f looks fine, but fuel pressure is moving around. i told him to stop watching the fuel pressure, and start watching the a/f at wot in 3rd...if its not leaning out, theres not a issue.i told him to drive it and not watch the f/p.

i did end up swapping the factory relay out just for shit's to see if it stop dumping. but like i said i think that was part of the alt issue

I'm glad you got it looked at. I didn't look at the fuel pressure gauage, I had Anthony in there putting a load on it and he said it dropped considerably.

Guest Removed
I'm glad you got it looked at. I didn't look at the fuel pressure gauage, I had Anthony in there putting a load on it and he said it dropped considerably.

i was sitting there stabbing it in reverse and it was dropping 2 lbs, at most.

and you are going to get some drop, cause the fp gauge is tapped in at the end of the rail. the regulator in the back cant adapt that fast.

thats the down side to the returnless system, its hard to judge fp under load, because the system is designed to only give it what it needs.

like i said...id watch a/f if its leaning out.

Thats the issue. My fuel pressure is not suppose to fluctuate more than 2 (if its working right) but under load it drops to 50. Last time on the dyno timing retarded itself by 2 degrees because of the lack of fuel. The issue is definitely not in my head. Ask Lasota, it should not be dropping off that much. We had this same issue that came and went right before I killed my 3rd transmission. Also if it was due to fluctuation it would go back up after dropping. it drops and stays. I think you were right in saying the regulator is shot.

Guest Removed

that or your just not able to feed that thing enough fuel.that sounds more like it. IMO the stock style system can't keep up

try the regulator, its cheap enough to try..im thinking there is a way to make that thing adjustable. but i can see making it a return style rather easy since the return is there.

rails hose's and some fitting's , regulator, and some fabbing it could be made a normal style system rather easy. making a pickup tube/return plate for the top of the stock tank would be the trick ;)

Guest Removed
The stock lines are good to 900rwhp under boost.

He needs an AFPR, fuel rails, and he's good to go.

then find me links to this stuff...so we know what else is needed

ill see what i can find...wasnt sure if they made a afpr for that..you you talking about putting it up front on the rail?

I rode in the car last fall and witnessed it drop down like Brian said. I guess the returnless system could be causing the problem not keeping up, but I'd think that would be more consistant. Where you guys actually driving down the road WOT or just sitting still loading it? Could teeing into the feedline and watching pressure show anything? I'm at a loss on this one.

I loaded it under the brake in his garage and watched the pressure drop as the RPMs went up.

A returnless system like his won't be affected by just brake load, it took mine at 73psi FP under boost to deadhead to where I have to run a return for WOT.

I loaded it under the brake in his garage and watched the pressure drop as the RPMs went up.

A returnless system like his won't be affected by just brake load, it took mine at 73psi FP under boost to deadhead to where I have to run a return for WOT.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by deadhead. It's a returnless system so it's "deadheaded" all the time. Could you explain exactly what these things do when they are at their limits? I just want a clear understanding.

Returnless is not the issue if that is a stock style system. I was under the impression there was a fuel system in that car. It sounds like there may be a restriction somewhere.

Brian, today was my last day at Mac. I have more time now.

Guest Removed

yeah that was no help to anyone.only thing i see doing is rails and putting the regulator up front, and making it return.

the stock system the regulator is t'd into the system. pump is in the tank, and so is the regulator. but the regulator is t-d in around the fuel filter area under the car. I have hated the returnless system since they intro'd it.

but see anthonys system is going to be different. since he has to raise boost pre psi intake pressure. we just need to get brian system to keep with the demand. to be honest, the pressure shouldn't move. brians regulator is the oe one. and his pressure drops right off after the key is off, and i know that not good.