My FC project has begun.

Wonderboy

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0413091715.jpg

Not a big update, just a pic of the work that I did from my last update. What you cant see in the pic is the roof liner installed. I did find my center console trim that I was needing. Now I just need to find a cheap motor/trans, anybody got anything? I plan on really digging back into the project once my hand is a little less tender. All thats left on the inside is front carpet, seats, and some dash work. Then Im gonna do all new calipers, pads, and rotors all around. Im still trying to figure out what lowering springs Im gonna use.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So I finally got the carpet out of the donor car and put in some more miscellaneous interior pieces and trim. I still need to swap all the door guts from the donor to the project. (Going from power windows/ locks to manual.) The search for my engine/ trans is still pending on funds.

This is after cleaning up and prepping for carpet install. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0517091506.jpg

This is the ECU cover and covers that go under the door sills. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0517091507.jpg

Here is the carpet after pulling it from the donor. It was a pain in the ass and yes I cut it over the trans tunnel to make it easier to install/ un-install. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0517091507a.jpg

Here is carpet and center console installed. THe carpet fit pretty well except for a weird bump on the passenger side. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0517091543.jpg

This is with the sill plastics installed. I also installed the rear view mirrow, sun visors, and the passenger side pillar trim. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/mx3onfalkens/0517091650.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
nope :) oh and this thing will be slow!

Im pumped for this thing though. Ive always wanted to do something like this.

Well, when its done in like a year or two, we'll just see how slow it is.

And thanks for the pump.

• 5 months later...
So, quick update. The car has been sitting in storage for about 2 months awaiting its new garage. Hopefully I will be picking up on this project by next weekend. Im shooting to get the interior finished and swap the springs/ struts off the other FC onto this one. Also gonna be putting the turbo II front brakes on it. As far as the drivetrain, I gotta wait til tax time to pick up those parts.

• 1 year later...

So after toying with theidea of selling the FC's and building a budget turbo setup for the sentra, I decided to just stick with the FC's atleast a little longer. I recently picked up a a deccent shortblock 302 and a t5 and a king cobra clutch so I guess the build is back on.

Right now Ive got to focus on rebuilding this shortblock on the cheap or finding a running JY engine. Im leaning towards a JY engine because I dont have any accessories or brackets for this shortblock and I dont really want to find them piece by piece. Things like alternator brackets, pulleys, wp, etc. If any of you guys got misc 302 parts laying around let me know. I also am looking for a cheap set of pistons if anybody has any recomendations Id appreciate it, would prefer something in the forged variety and fairly mild compression. The key word in this buildis CHEAP lol, Im not looking for monstrous power right now, just something to get it moving.

Im also trying to figure out how I want to run this clutch in this thing. The FC comes with a typical hydrolic clutch setup and would need to be uprgraded to larger/ stronger parts to work with the stang clutch. What Im thinking about doing is maybe trying to weld a cable clutch quadrant to the top of the FC pedal and runnning an adjustable cable which I think would probably be alot cheaper but, that type of modifying is something Im kind of a noob at.

I guess Im just looking for input/ ideas and cheap parts if you got them.

Love always,

Wonderboy

PS: Sorry if that was alot of rambling but, Ive got alot of ideas floating in my head right now.

I have a spare 302 that I will be taking apart within the week. If you want I can hook you up with the stock pistons/rods on the cheap. I also have that driveshaft and im sure I have some accessories and many over parts laying around too.

As for the hydraulic or cable dilemma...I would just go with the Ram hydraulic t/o bearing conversion I was telling you about. It will be worth it in the end for sure.

Let me know if you need any parts built.

Im sure I will and Ill let you know. Be a good excuse to check out your shop finally.

So, project is being paused again for about another month or two because I just found out we are going to north carolina for a week next month for vacation and I need to save money for the trip. I may finally put the four piston calipers on and finish up some of the interior pieces since that stuff is just laying around.

Any of you more experienced engine builder guys have any input on a super cheap build that would make around 300hp? Id like to use as many stock parts as possible and maybe stick to things like a good carb, intake, maybe an aggressive cam. Ive already got long tubes and will probably run open headers because I hate my neighbors lol.

Im sure I will and Ill let you know. Be a good excuse to check out your shop finally.

So, project is being paused again for about another month or two because I just found out we are going to north carolina for a week next month for vacation and I need to save money for the trip. I may finally put the four piston calipers on and finish up some of the interior pieces since that stuff is just laying around.

Any of you more experienced engine builder guys have any input on a super cheap build that would make around 300hp? Id like to use as many stock parts as possible and maybe stick to things like a good carb, intake, maybe an aggressive cam. Ive already got long tubes and will probably run open headers because I hate my neighbors lol.

get a 302 out of a explorer ($500) and put a decent cam in it. Should get you real close to your HP goal.

I have a spare 302 that I will be taking apart within the week. If you want I can hook you up with the stock pistons/rods on the cheap. I also have that driveshaft and im sure I have some accessories and many over parts laying around too.

As for the hydraulic or cable dilemma...I would just go with the Ram hydraulic t/o bearing conversion I was telling you about. It will be worth it in the end for sure.

Will that throwout/ slave work with the clutch you gave me? Also, how difficult would bleeding the clutch system be with that?

your going to need some kind of aftermarket head , a turbo, or a bunch of spray to get 350 wheel out of a stock motor...... you can't get all wild with the cam either becuase you run into piston to valve clearance issues over .500 lift so limited to something like an e-cam or tfs- stage1 they make power but not 350 wheel on stock heads.

if you can figure out who ended up with my shortblock after I crashed my fox it has flycut pistons in it for .210 valve heads......

your going to need some kind of aftermarket head , a turbo, or a bunch of spray to get 350 wheel out of a stock motor...... you can't get all wild with the cam either becuase you run into piston to valve clearance issues over .500 lift so limited to something like an e-cam or tfs- stage1 they make power but not 350 wheel on stock heads.

if you can figure out who ended up with my shortblock after I crashed my fox it has flycut pistons in it for .210 valve heads......

This, a sbc would have been a better option if the goal is 350whp.

Just found complete 351W heads on CL are they something I should look into? As of right now I got town car heads so Im thinking these would probably be a little better. Are there any certain part numbers I should look for?