Should I feel like a crook..?

Farkas

So, I retired my old iPhone 2G after the volume button had started acting up. It was actually stuck majority of the time causing the volume indicator to stay on the screen. Fine, no problem.. I was eligable for a 3G upgrade and so I did. I asked the Apple staff that helped me if there was a way to donate my 2G or have it recycled and they declined and said they don't have any programs as such.

I literally went home that day and just about tossed it into the trashcan. My half brother said I should just list it on eBay for someone to buy it for parts or something, so I figured why not. I set my reserve at $30 bucks so I can atleast justify a trip to the post office and the shipping cost.

1:00 AM comes and auction ends.. $225.00 :eek:

Seriously, is there that much demand for a fucking 2G iPhone? I made it blatantly clear the phone's volume button isn't functioning correctly, and would be sold AS-IS to someone looking to fix it or use it for parts.

Can't say I'm complaining, but wow.. this just made my night :lol:

1. That's awesome for you.

2. You didn't mislead anyone and your reserve was $30 - you were set to sell an old iPhone for parts, for $30. I don't see any reason for you to feel bad, it's not like you screwed anyone. Maybe there are that many people capable of fixing them and wanting an older model. Either way, good for you - no reason to feel bad at all.

3. Odd numbers make me happier.

Guest Removed

hopefully you wont get scammed when they say they didnt get it and they take there money back!

make sure to check the feedback of the buyyer etc...you know the normal shit.

1. That's awesome for you.

2. You didn't mislead anyone and your reserve was $30 - you were set to sell an old iPhone for parts, for $30. I don't see any reason for you to feel bad, it's not like you screwed anyone. Maybe there are that many people capable of fixing them and wanting an older model. Either way, good for you - no reason to feel bad at all.

3. Odd numbers make me happier.

I would say the Ad was pretty straight forward, do you agree? Even in the pictures you can see the volume button not working correctly, the volume indicator is pictured as noted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270363389684

hopefully you wont get scammed when they say they didnt get it and they take there money back!

100% feedback from buyer, so I wouldn't expect that.. but you never know! There were a couple 0 feedback people bidding and I cancelled their bids and made sure no more people like that could bid.. I'm not playing that game.

I would say the Ad was pretty straight forward, do you agree? Even in the pictures you can see the volume button not working correctly, the volume indicator is pictured as noted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270363389684

Looks perfectly clear to me - especially with the picture showing the issue. I'd say you just lucked out and made some cash. Nothing to be upset about except not having more with the same issue sitting around to sell at $200+ a piece. :cool:

track it with a signature confirmation... no way for anyone to lie then and thats all paypal will require of you to prove it was sent...

track it with a signature confirmation... no way for anyone to lie then and thats all paypal will require of you to prove it was sent...

Insured and Tracking+Confirmation is the only way I send items :thumbup:

BTW, the lady paid within 5 minutes of winning the auction.