Help me find a car for my G/F

Main3s

So it's another "Help me find a car" thread, but this has a little twist because it's a car for my G/F. Her current vehicle is a 99 Dodge Dakota with 210,XXX miles that is starting to nickel and dime her with problems (Water pump, Starter, Battery, Distributor cap, oil leak, power steering pump…) now she’s starting to look for a new DD. The problem is that she wants a freaking Dodge Caliber. :barf:I personally can’t stand the look of those AT ALL and I can honestly say that I might have a real problem if one were parked in my driveway on a permanent basis. So I’d like to take this opportunity to try and get her to look at other cars. You know, something with style and some performance. It doesn't have to be a track car but at least fun to drive with good looks and comfort.

Requirements

Something with 4 doors or a hatch/ wagon. We have 4 dogs so she’ll need room to haul them around.

Either FWD or AWD as she hates driving RWD in the winter.

She loves Yellow, so something that looks good in yellow would be a pluss but NOT a must.

2003 or newer or less then 75K miles.

Between $8-12,000 maybe $15K for the right car.

I was thinking Subaru Legacy GT, or a Volkswagen GTI off the top of my head. What’s everyone else’s opinions? Please help me keep an ugly ass Caliber out of my drive way!!!

I think the new xB is a damn good car for the price (not biased or anything). Tons of safety features, IIHS top safety pick, good mileage, decent power, and plenty of room of room for shit. You might be able to find an 08 used for cheap, but they're only ~16 new.

i got a 08 honda fit sport for sale thats $12,500........

Not any luxury what so ever but hey it gets 30+ mpg and it has 4 doors.

Better then a Caliber but still... I'll suggest it.

Fit is a a good fit lol! But really u should think about it solid lil car

Such as?

I like your style! I've tried to convience her to get an Audi, but she's woried about the cost to maintain.

1.8t in an Audi isnt more to maintain than a 1.8t in a Golf. You change the oil, you do the plugs...you do the timing belt at 100k and your good. The 3.0L you dont have to worry about a turbo going bad. My Audi (one that is known to be a PITA) has been very cheap to maintain. I have 130K miles on it and I've replaced a belt tensioner, ball joints and torn CV boots and I need to do my wheel bearings here soon, all of which are normal wear items. Other than that its just regular maintenance.

So it's another "Help me find a car" thread, but this has a little twist because it's a car for my G/F. Her current vehicle is a 99 Dodge Dakota with 210,XXX miles that is starting to nickel and dime her with problems (Water pump, Starter, Battery, Distributor cap, oil leak, power steering pump…) now she’s starting to look for a new DD. The problem is that she wants a freaking Dodge Caliber. :barf:I personally can’t stand the look of those AT ALL and I can honestly say that I might have a real problem if one were parked in my driveway on a permanent basis. So I’d like to take this opportunity to try and get her to look at other cars. You know, something with style and some performance. It doesn't have to be a track car but at least fun to drive with good looks and comfort.

Requirements

Something with 4 doors or a hatch/ wagon. We have 4 dogs so she’ll need room to haul them around.

Either FWD or AWD as she hates driving RWD in the winter.

She loves Yellow, so something that looks good in yellow would be a pluss but NOT a must.

2003 or newer or less then 75K miles.

Between $8-12,000 maybe $15K for the right car.

I was thinking Subaru Legacy GT, or a Volkswagen GTI off the top of my head. What’s everyone else’s opinions? Please help me keep an ugly ass Caliber out of my drive way!!!

Legacy GT - Great cars run well in the snow and have nice pep Especially when tuned.

You could have Leather and allot more with the LGT if you looked around some.

Forester XT - Sleeper its a suv type thingy but with a 2.5 Turbo

Chevy Trailblazer SS . They come in AWD and have sexy v8's

pics of GF to see if this is worth my time.

:lol: Fair Enough... this is the only pic I have at work....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/cmaines01/n1430622379_30042810_4174422.jpg

I dont think shes a lesbo

Yeah, not interested in a dike mobile. :lol:

No we can get a better look at you :D

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110844429.jpg

:lol: Fair Enough... this is the only pic I have at work....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/cmaines01/n1430622379_30042810_4174422.jpg

Yeah, not interested in a dike mobile. :lol: