Dyno Results for APS Twin Turbo 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

DTM Brian

Stock Engine and Stock Exhaust

APS twin turbo kit

6 pounds of boost

10 degrees of timing at 4000 rpm's to 15 degrees of timing at 6000 rpm's

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Robert%20Ramos%20APS%20Twin%20Turbo.jpg

APS Twin Turbo vs Stock

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Robert%20Ramos%20APS%20Twin%20Turbo%20vs%20Stock.jpg

Thanks for having us out there Brian! Very cool and yet another great job at getting a very lucky Robert behind the wheel of one very, very nice car.

Here's the final run and results. I wish I had a real video camera with me to capture the sound better but it's not bad for a cheap little P&S.

http://s541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

Handful of Photos Below. Full detail and photoshoot of this car is tentative for Friday if the weather clears up. Right now we're being rained out. Should look really nice once she's all cleaned up as tonight she had about 13+ hours of road grime covering up the shine.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110854983/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110854789/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110854791/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Lot of fun and great meeting you guys. I now must open a meth lab to afford this car.

Need a partner for your meth lab? I need lots of stuff.

Awesome numbers that thing puts down for nothing but a turbo kit, and from what I heard really nothing else.

All that hype for 530rwhp?? J/K Good gains for a bolt-on kit over stock for sure. I guess I just assumed Intense would have done the same set-up as the Auto-car to see the difference in drivetrain loss through the 6-speed.

How much boost did the Auto car run in comparison?

Jeff

Need a partner for your meth lab? I need lots of stuff.

Awesome numbers that thing puts down for nothing but a turbo kit, and from what I heard really nothing else.

Yea I will take on a partner but you try anything funny and I will feed you to my pit cuz I am that gangsta!

It did not have anything else on the car. If you did not know any better you would think the APS intake tube was just an over seas e-bay knock off of an APC Cold Air Intake!

Just a SUPER clean car and install. Great sleeper car it sounds pretty much bone stock.

All that hype for 530rwhp?? J/K Good gains for a bolt-on kit over stock for sure. I guess I just assumed Intense would have done the same set-up as the Auto-car to see the difference in drivetrain loss through the 6-speed.

Jeff

I tt. the owner Robert who is a great guy. They didn't do the exact same set up due to his crawl, walk, run approach. Funding is one part of it, but the other is he wants to enjoy the car as it sits now until this fall.

Sept-Oct, before we cool down too much up here, is when he said he'll be back to do the exhaust, cam and springs. All of which should significantly increase the power. I would assume at that point, they will up the boost too. I believe Scott's G8 pulled the 725+ hp at 11psi.

Jeff

Jeff,

This car ended up being a Auto as well. As far as the other G8 goes:

Stock car at 7 psi was 473 rwhp

Added a 1 off 3" Magnaflow Catback, 9 psi, 550 rwhp

Camshaft and 12 psi made 723 rwhp

Jeff,

This car ended up being a Auto as well. As far as the other G8 goes:

Stock car at 7 psi was 473 rwhp

Added a 1 off 3" Magnaflow Catback, 9 psi, 550 rwhp

Camshaft and 12 psi made 723 rwhp

So you can get a GXP with an Auto? I thought they were all 6-speeds but I haven't looked into the "GXP" package much other than the LS3.

Jeff

The GXP comes with the motor, Brembo brakes, a different steering wheel(smaller and more grip points), different wheels, and I'm sure different exhaust. Only options available over and above the standard equipment are the sunroof and the manual transmission. We have 1 auto and 2 manuals on our lot right now. The owner is taking the auto home tonight so I'm not sure if it's still for sale. BTW 0% financing is available to those with average to above average credit.

The GXP comes with the motor, Brembo brakes, a different steering wheel(smaller and more grip points), different wheels, and I'm sure different exhaust. Only options available over and above the standard equipment are the sunroof and the manual transmission. We have 1 auto and 2 manuals on our lot right now. The owner is taking the auto home tonight so I'm not sure if it's still for sale. BTW 0% financing is available to those with average to above average credit.

Not to whore the thread, but what dealership? What color are the 6 speed models, and are you a salesman?

BTW Very hot car, power is impressive also.

Not to whore the thread, but what dealership? What color are the 6 speed models, and are you a salesman?

BTW Very hot car, power is impressive also.

I have Liquid Red (fire truck red) and Sport Red Metallic (almost Maroon). Both cars have sunroof. I believe list price is $41,590 on both of them. Chances are I can get whatever color you want though.

any engine shots? impressive numbers

I think I have one or two....I'll check.....but there's not much to see. Turbos are underneath. They arrived rather late too and lighting wasn't great. Flashes off an engine aren't good unless you have studio strobes with umbrellas in place. I wasn't going that far for these shots ;)