Who re-drills wheels in Columbus?

Diamonds

Guest Removed
from what a lot of stuff says, the 5x114.3 and 5x115 are nearly identical and looks like they fit right on and work? seems very odd however.

thats what im saying.

115 = 4.5276 "

114.3 = 4.5 standard ford/dodge pattern..

why i realy dont care, but what?

i bet if this is aluminum wheel they could be made to fit rather easy.

kind of a perspective on the difference:

"If you were to draw a circle on a piece of paper with a radius of 57.50 mm, it's diameter would be 115mm. Now use the same center of that circle, and draw another circle with a radius of 57.15mm. That translates into a diameter of of 114.3mm. the difference is SO small, that the two circles almost overlap each other. we are talking maybe 2 to 3 thousands of an inch here. .70mm is less than the thickness of an ATM card, or a credit card. In fact you could not even fit a credit card between the two circles because the tiny gap is half the thickness of the credit card.

Assuming that the aftermarket wheel's center bore matches the vehicles hub perfectly, as that is the load bearing assembly, and not the lug nuts, or studs then I can't see an issue as the difference is so minute. It wouldn't even be worth machining the mounting holes of the rim, as it would be such a tiny amount of material to remove."

Guest Removed
kind of a perspective on the difference:

"If you were to draw a circle on a piece of paper with a radius of 57.50 mm, it's diameter would be 115mm. Now use the same center of that circle, and draw another circle with a radius of 57.15mm. That translates into a diameter of of 114.3mm. the difference is SO small, that the two circles almost overlap each other. we are talking maybe 2 to 3 thousands of an inch here. .70mm is less than the thickness of an ATM card, or a credit card. In fact you could not even fit a credit card between the two circles because the tiny gap is half the thickness of the credit card.

Assuming that the aftermarket wheel's center bore matches the vehicles hub perfectly, as that is the load bearing assembly, and not the lug nuts, or studs then I can't see an issue as the difference is so minute. It wouldn't even be worth machining the mounting holes of the rim, as it would be such a tiny amount of material to remove."

some wheels are hub centeric...some (damn germans) are lug centeric..

makes a big difference in that alone

the differnce is only .02"... but what wheels and car we are working with would make the difference in a high speed vibration

Guest Removed
yeah, i know its so small... but i hear that it matters even if you use a hubring...

and Gearhead...

2005 Cadillac CTS... let me know how hard it would be to make 5x114.3

i can say its not cheap!

remove all the hubs and have them redrilled? which isnt cheap

i mean why? wheels are not worth it in the long run man

that could work, if they make them in that size. but would space the wheels out rather far

They make hub adapters as small as 15mm now.. and in any bolt pattern he'd ever want. Question is, what are the specs on the wheels he's trying to put on the CTS. It's a rather big bodied car so I would imagine it could tuck a pretty meaty tire/wheel.

Guest Removed
They make hub adapters as small as 15mm now.. and in any bolt pattern he'd ever want. Question is, what are the specs on the wheels he's trying to put on the CTS. It's a rather big bodied car so I would imagine it could tuck a pretty meaty tire/wheel.

that would depend on the wheels i guess.:confused:

having no idea what your working with sucks. hell he could have the hubs redrilled to find out they dont even fit the car :o

hehehe, you know me!!

no but seriously... the CTS sucks because its high offset like a corvette... with not a lot of room to go wide... i think the best i could do in the rear would be 19x10 +42.... and that is pushing it....

hehehe, you know me!!

no but seriously... the CTS sucks because its high offset like a corvette... with not a lot of room to go wide... i think the best i could do in the rear would be 19x10 +42.... and that is pushing it....

That's weak dude.. I'm assuming you still have those profounds ;)