Another call out thread

DKilbourne

Guest Removed
SAWEEEET! LOL, you know Hal and I are doing that. I do have some other broke shit for you to fix though :D

im glad you own dodges and gm's :D

and if you 2 ass clowns need a hand..lmk i'll find hals tools for him:bangbang:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

i know a guy that only put down 500ish to the wheel on the dyno and was pissed..

goes to the track and runs low 9's...

gotta love high stall converters on a dyno

12.23 @118 with a 2.0 60. say what you want, but I could care less about a track time. I am not going to take a chance of breaking my car to get a "respectable" time.

oh yeah, that is 451 rwhp and race weight of 3650.

Perfect example of a car that runs way harder than its track times. Thats why I say time and time again they dont mean much.

I've always considered track times as an indication of how someone can utilize the cars straight line potential. Its the power curve from the start to end (or close to it).

Edit: I do think some top speed challenges would be cool, but there are no places close to safely pull it off.

Edited by V8 Beast

Perfect example of a car that runs way harder than its track times. Thats why I say time and time again they dont mean much.

I started this thread as to track times. I know why a lot of people don't want to or can't get the good times at the track. It's a combo of not wanting to break something or they just don't have enough practice with the launch. One of the hardest things to do in a stick car is get the launch down. That is what I am getting at here. To say the track isn't an indication of the potential is a little funny. There are many reasons why I don't roll race, but I don't need to get into that. There is also a reason that people started 1/4 mile racing and not the Roll Racing Association of America. So, if you built your car for roll racing at 450-500 wheel, then I guess that is your poor track time excuse. Once again, this is the kitchen so if your feelings are hurt that is just too damn bad. Where are the rest?

I've started to notice a pattern here. All of the cars running well are automatics. Come on stick car drivers, where are you? Maybe we should have an auto vs. stick shootout at one of the track rentals. There's an idea. Might get the stick drivers to figure out how to make a 1/4 mile pass.

see thats just it. everyone has different hobbies. if I went to the track every week and was only running 12.0s that would be a little sad. I have been to the track ONE time. if you want to judge my car by its one track pass so be it.

I think its funny you are starting this thread, though. As somone like yourself that has what, 50+ passes in your cobra and at the track? you are only running 12.0s. and cory goes to the track once a year with the same car and runs .3 faster than you. shouldn't you have some creditbility before call people out?

just too add, I have nothing against DK, we have met a few time and hes cool guy. I just don't get why everyone gets caught up in track times. there are so many varibles that go into running good times. setups, weight, power, practice, ect. I mean for the money I have in my TA I could have a 10 sec fox. but thats not my interest. I could take my TA to the track every week and run a good time I have no doubt in my mind about that, but that is not my interest. I did not build my car to race at the track.

why am I the only posting with the m6 car? I am not affriad to admitt my times suck.

I will say this cuz I think its funny. I have done it numerous times. I have raced so many many people that have ran so much faster at the track. But get destroyed on the street. Yes I mean from a dig. Those are the guys that live at the track. Like I told DK in a PM. I have had my Cobra to the track 2 times I drove it there thursday takes over an hr to get there pulled in line went 11.80 at 120. Pulled back in line and went 11.70 at 120. So for any of those people that know anything about how hot these cars get I think thats very respectable, yes I had my headlight in and all that bullshit. lol. Lets put it this way I let the car cool down. Launched way to hard blew the tires off got out in 1st got back in it and my 60' was a 2.07 and still went 11.90 at 120!!!!! So for all the track stars do the math? What would that have been if my 60's was 1.70? 11.30-11.40 at over 120? I am not offended at all by this thread I think its cool to see who has good track times and etc. I have no shame in mine. Hell I run faster than most ported cars in c-bus. Now would I be mad with that time if I went to the track every week, and had slicks? Maybe.

see thats just it. everyone has different hobbies. if I went to the track every week and was only running 12.0s that would be a little sad. I have been to the track ONE time. if you want to judge my car by its one track pass so be it.

I think its funny you are starting this thread, though. As somone like yourself that has what, 50+ passes in your cobra and at the track? you are only running 12.0s. and cory goes to the track once a year with the same car and runs .3 faster than you. shouldn't you have some creditbility before call people out?

Some day I'll put tires on it and see what it can really do. 2.0x 60' on radials letting off going into 2nd and still getting loose and going 12.0's. That is the difference. The cars aren't the same either. Mine made 443/444, not 465/485.

I will say this cuz I think its funny. I have done it numerous times. I have raced so many many people that have ran so much faster at the track. But get destroyed on the street. Yes I mean from a dig. Those are the guys that live at the track. Like I told DK in a PM. I have had my Cobra to the track 2 times I drove it there thursday takes over an hr to get there pulled in line went 11.80 at 120. Pulled back in line and went 11.70 at 120. So for any of those people that know anything about how hot these cars get I think thats very respectable, yes I had my headlight in and all that bullshit. lol. Lets put it this way I let the car cool down. Launched way to hard blew the tires off got out in 1st got back in it and my 60' was a 2.07 and still went 11.90 at 120!!!!! So for all the track stars do the math? What would that have been if my 60's was 1.70? 11.30-11.40 at over 120? I am not offended at all by this thread I think its cool to see who has goos track times and etc. I have no shame in mine. Hell I run faster than most ported cars in c-bus. Now would I be mad with that time if I went to the track every week, and had slicks? Maybe.

You have run better than ported eaton cars and kenne bell/whipple cars. That is what is funny.

Some day I'll put tires on it and see what it can really do. 2.0x 60' on radials letting off going into 2nd and still getting loose and going 12.0's. That is the difference. The cars aren't the same either. Mine made 443/444, not 465/485.

thats my point. everyone has a reason as to why they aren't running the times they should. you have tires, I have not wanting to blow my weak 10 bolt, ect. but for someone who goes to the track all the time and doesn't care about those things, they should be running betters time.

11.80s @ 122+ the only time Ive been out in my car with 500ish whp and 475ish tq. full weight, stock clutch, stock IRS and beat Nitto drag radials. Im confident in low 11 second passes with a good tire. Bring it.

I have tried to bring it to you numerous times and you dont want to....

What was your 60'?

Garret I would love to go again but I will have to check my schedule. Yes I think if I get a 1.6 60's and the car is cool 11.40-1150 at 122ish mph is possible.

I have tried to bring it to you numerous times and you dont want to....

What was your 60'?

Garret I would love to go again but I will have to check my schedule. Yes I think if I get a 1.6 60's and the car is cool 11.40-1150 at 122ish mph is possible.

I know I know. I just don't see the point in 2 similarly modded cars really going at it, especially since I know you know how to drive the living piss out of your cars. We will get to it this summer. DK I wouldn't mind spanking upon, just because I know nothing about him or his car.

My 60's were all over 2.0. I need a better tire. Bad.

I know I know. I just don't see the point in 2 similarly modded cars really going at it, especially since I know you know how to drive the living piss out of your cars. We will get to it this summer. DK I wouldn't mind spanking upon, just because I know nothing about him or his car.

My 60's were all over 2.0. I need a better tire. Bad.

lol. Thanks man. Yeah I just wanted to run to see how I did with me giving up 40rwhp. But yes with a good tire you should be low 11's. From are track times we would be very close. But I am sure you know track times dont mean much. Are you still on the stock clutch? I am and mine is about done after 2 runs I have to let it sit for a couple hours to

even get the car in gear.....