Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

i just think a 'certain' other car that I have on my mind would be smarter for what I plan on doing. Cruising. I'm past frustration with this car.

You know, I am accepting car donations for BPA. I THINK that I could accept your car as a donation. :p

In all seriousness and like I've told you before, I hope that you seriously consider what you want to do before you do it. I know that the other car you've been thinking about is nice, but for fuck's sake, you've got a 700whp Mustang right now!

Just make sure you do way more thinking than is necessary for this. I don't want to see you have any regrets with the decision that you make. :)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just think a 'certain' other car that I have on my mind would be smarter for what I plan on doing. Cruising. I'm past frustration with this car.

Good luck with the repairs and whatever you decide to do.

Guest GMoney
If it is a viper make sure you drive one. I have wanted one since they came out back in 93? I can now afford one and drove one and now i do not want it one at all.

So the car is headed over to dynotune or what?

I know Dover wanted to be able to do a lot himself and a shop can't provide that type of environment. I'd consider this one a favor, not a job.

+ another to whatever the count is of people telling you to keep the car. As far as badass cars go that are fun cruisers and look amazing while doing it, your Cobra is towards the top of the list, it's hard to do much better than what you've got IMO. That being said, it's your car and your call

8 pages and no real info. what did the compression test read?

Just me but i'd have been up all freaking night in the garage trying to figure out what happend as soon as it got home.

sorry about your horrible luck with this car. :(

and this is why i love cobra owners :D

+1,000,000

But think about this dover. Nobody is going to help you if it is a Viper.........

Just joking.

Also Cobra's are more venomous than a viper..........

Lets put some good file fit rings on it and some forged pistons and you wil not want to get rid of it..

8 pages and no real info. what did the compression test read?

Just me but i'd have been up all freaking night in the garage trying to figure out what happend as soon as it got home.

sorry about your horrible luck with this car. :(

If you read all 8 pages you would have seen that it is bad rings. No need for a compression test or a leak down when you have oil all over the passenger side and alittle oil on the drivers side. The spark plug was also covered in oil. This would tell us that the rings are bad and boost is getting by the rings.

We are how ever going to do a leak down and compression test to verify before we pull the motor and put new pistons and rings on it.

only if you powder coat the wheels black : ) dude its your money, but let me put it this way. I know what that is....not everyone you meet know you have a mental fast Cobra. It's just a bolt on GT right...?......... Edited by Panduh
cant spell

Typical..............................., if that's what you want. Looks are a distant second for me, but it ain't me.

I think you'd get alot more repect for owning the Cobra, it's unique and custom. Why would you want "Daddy's Viper", cause it's got 500 hp and a Borla exhaust?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/P591602.jpg

idunno?

Keep the Cobra. Why get a car that you can only fit one more bitch in when you can get 3 in the Cobra?

Think about it! Rings and Pistons for the snake and have a killer car.

Typical..............................., if that's what you want. Looks are a distant second for me, but it ain't me.

I think you'd get alot more repect for owning the Cobra, it's unique and custom. Why would you want "Daddy's Viper", cause it's got 500 hp and a Borla exhaust?

Hey, no shame in THAT. None at all

lol i hear ya, theres no back seat in the cobra either though! i may keep the cobra, depends on how much this rebuild takes out of me. if i do keep the cobra i want a comma in my dyno.

See now thats more like it. :cool:

if i do keep the cobra i want a comma in my dyno.

Well that didn't take long. For whats it worth though, I think the Viper is sick. IMHO the better "cruise-mobile" if that's what you're going for.

lol i hear ya, theres no back seat in the cobra either though! i may keep the cobra, depends on how much this rebuild takes out of me. if i do keep the cobra i want a comma in my dyno.

There we go now you are thinking correctly! A project car is never finished until it is totaled by an insurance adjuster.

:bangbang: thats what America is all about. There needs to be a "Dover Donation" thread. The idea being that everyone on CR donates 2 dollars to build his 1000hp++ cobra....i'll be the first to donate :)