Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but the o ring ordeal was cars running around the 900hp mark wasnt it :confused:

Yep, they were running pretty high. I can't really recall any lifting issues other than those cars.

Yeah I saw where they are saying that.....I hope its something simple like that.

I don't. It's a pain however you do it, by the book or not.

Step 1 in the Ford manual for heads: remove engine.

sucks man. i'd be surprised if you lifted the heads---pretty rare on these cars as hal stated, and only seen with very high boost cars/compound boost cars. hopefully its an oil return line. #7 and #8 pistons (the ones that like to expand and scuff the walls) are on the rear driver's side, not the passenger side so hopefully that's not the issue

Dover,

I hate to say this but that sounds like rings. If you are getting that much blow by then it would lead me to believe that you are having boost blown by your rings. This would also cause some serious smoke screens..

How was it when you where driving it home. Alot of smoke? I seen that you said the temp was good. That would eliminate blown headgasket to an extent. Did you check to see if your oil was milky?

Man I am sorry to hear we will take care of this.. Lets hope that it is an oil line and it sprayed alot of oil on your turbo causing the smoke...