Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i went into third on the freeway and went to accelerate it started blowing black than white smoke, babied all the way back to my garage, popped the hood to find oil all over. There are no holes that I can see right now but clearly oil everywhere. I'll go back and get a jack under it an look in the daylight. I'm thinking cylinder 8 popped as it's notorious.

Dover, if you can get it towed over to Dyno Tune I will look it over and see if anything can be done.

Check all the oil feed and return lines. Shifting into third is a really strange time for these motors to blow.

when i went into third on the freeway and went to accelerate it started blowing black than white smoke, babied all the way back to my garage, popped the hood to find oil all over. There are no holes that I can see right now but clearly oil everywhere. I'll go back and get a jack under it an look in the daylight. I'm thinking cylinder 8 popped as it's notorious.

Well now what do you have planned for it?

If it was still running, there is hope.

it was running all the way to the garage and when i stopped after a good 10 min of driving after that all happened it died. I didnt try restarting it.

Hal I'll try and get it towed up there tomorrow or Wednesday.

Cory I am going to blow it up with C4. I am so mad im sick right now I dont even know what to do i just blew all this money on this thing. i might end up just selling it and quitting this fantasy world of racing cars.

Yeah I knew something was hurt when I saw the trail of smoke :( Hope it's something small.

Cory I am going to blow it up with C4. I am so mad im sick right now I dont even know what to do i just blew all this money on this thing. i might end up just selling it and quitting this fantasy world of racing cars.

ahh I feel your pain been there done that, I even said the same thing you are, but I upgraded and my car is back, just take your time and get it done right