Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

I haven't tried restarting it yet, the oil pres read fine the hole time even during the drive back, but yeah Dustin I will meet you over there at 12:10 and we can diagnose this thing. Thanks everyone for the support and the helping hand. This project ment the world to me and to see this happen hurts.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im putting it back together whatever it takes and selling it. Project Turbo Cobra = Failed.

I understand.........I have been there and done that. I am happy now. From what I have realized with cars is unless you are fucking loaded just dont go to the extreme with a car its a waste of money and you still wont ever be the fastest. Then when it breaks you are broke and have nothing and you proved nothing. The way I look at is just build something fun and cheap. 500rwhp on the street is a blast. Dover if your car is paid off I would keep it. But thats up to you. For instance a ported pullied cobra, H/C lsx car. With that power you can have alot of fun play with a lot of people and reliability isnt such a issue.

I understand.........I have been there and done that. I am happy now. From what I have realized with cars is unless you are fucking loaded just dont go to the extreme with a car its a waste of money and you still wont ever be the fastest. Then when it breaks you are broke and have nothing and you proved nothing. The way I look at is just build something fun and cheap. 500rwhp on the street is a blast. Dover if your car is paid off I would keep it. But thats up to you. For instance a ported pullied cobra, H/C lsx car. With that power you can have alot of fun play with a lot of people and reliability isnt such a issue.

I have completely learned this the hard way. I still owe a little on the Car so a trade in isn't going to hurt me or if I sell it out right. I plan on whatever my next car may be a tune, intake, an exhaust, and than just making it look real sexxy for the the hoes. I am done heavily modding or attempting to make a race car on my budget = impossible. I'm not quitting forever as soon as I make crazy money I will do it again. Till than I'm out. I'll still race an talk shit but I am done trying to reach the goal of being the fastest around here.

I have completely learned this the hard way. I still owe a little on the Car so a trade in isn't going to hurt me or if I sell it out right. I plan on whatever my next car may be a tune, intake, an exhaust, and than just making it look real sexxy for the the hoes. I am done heavily modding or attempting to make a race car on my budget = impossible. I'm not quitting forever as soon as I make crazy money I will do it again. Till than I'm out. I'll still race an talk shit but I am done trying to reach the goal of being the fastest around here.

Well hell man you could sell you the turbo kit, fix it and just slap a ported eaton and a pulley on there and make over 500rwhp. Have a blast and the car will be paid off soon which would be a tremendous relief!!! Think about all the cars around the 500hp mark you could play with? And with 700rwhp there is what a few?

very true problem is i am just utterly sick of the car, just looking at it right now makes me want to kick the shit out of it. idk maybe im being irrational. just straight shitty right now

Its cause it broke on you trust me you'll be ok once you figure out what you wanna do or fix the car.

If you get a compression tester be sure to get a good one and not a piece of crap from Autozone or Advance. You do not want the hose tearing from the fitting with down in the cylinder head.

agreed/\ for sure, that is a shitty situation you dont want to be in!

i cant say i blame you though, i would give up on the car too and get something else. its not about Ford vs. GM war, its about a car that isn't cursed lol.

I wish the best of luck to you, maybe you should give the car a break for a few days and go out and have some fun without cars, then just figure out what you want to do when your not so mad and frustrated. But I know how you feel breaking and buying expensive parts, then trying to over do it and then running into more problems. good luck.

From what I have realized with cars is unless you are fucking loaded just dont go to the extreme with a car its a waste of money and you still wont ever be the fastest. Then when it breaks you are broke and have nothing and you proved nothing.

I wish more people on CR understood that. I figured out a long time ago I'd rather blow my extra cash on my 401K and my summer home than build any of my cars up. It's just not worth it. I'd rather retire at 50 then dump a bunch of cash into my cars... :nod:

ignore the car for a bit, let things settle if the motor is popped. sell the turbo kit and buy a remanufactured motor----they're cheap, and many, many guys from modularfords run them with twinscrews up to 700rwhp--its a complete cobra motor with all the forged internals. slap a pullied eaton on the car, and chill. i'll sell you my whipple for cheap this coming winter when i buy a mammoth--590rwhp with complete reliability, etc. etc. turbo cobras seem to be headaches from what i've read.

again, hopefully its nothing big---but i'd go with a remanufactured motor if you're looking for a cheap (but completely adequate) way out.