Need Honda Help

wagner

Turn key off hold reset button turn key on then it should go off

EDIT- maint light or serivce?

Both are going off I really want to mod this thing with an insurance fire but that won't work now.

I think we want to find out what this things deal is without dealing with the BS "we will look at this for you" fees

No matter which light it is I can help you out, but I'll bet Rob is closer. If it's the maintenence light you have to hold the reset button while you turn the key on and off a few times, otherwise it's a scantool for you.

If you don't fix the problem the light will just come back on.

True!

No matter which light it is I can help you out, but I'll bet Rob is closer. If it's the maintenence light you have to hold the reset button while you turn the key on and off a few times, otherwise it's a scantool for you.

I said that!!! Hoe!!

I plan on pulling a Phil with my accord you can have some parts when im....i mean my dad is done.

Lmao

Guest Removed

but are you sure they recommended what you really needed?

i have had many cars come in from firestones where they have hung a ton of parts on them and didnt fix the issue.

but are you sure they recommended what you really needed?

i have had many cars come in from firestones where they have hung a ton of parts on them and didnt fix the issue.

Yea that is what I was wondering too.

how many miles??

160,xxx I think.

Guest Removed

the firestone on west broad used to bring all there hard diag stuff over to shifflets when i worked there.

at one time i had to go oevr there and diag a windstar with a very common problem they all seem to have..

I do think it was an EGR and they said teh Cat was clogged too. I will have to check when I get home.

if its the P0420 code then yes it'll need a converter, but if the EGR port is clogged (P0401 EGR airflow insufficient) it can/will kick O2 slow response codes(P0133 or P0139) that will effect the converter over time if nothing is done, If there is a code P0401 I'd get that port unclogged, then drive it around to see if the other codes go away, but remember if there's a P0420 then the converter will need replaced

I've seen dumbass's here at the dealership replace the O2 sensor because of the slow response code and not fix the problem because it all comes back to the EGR port being blocked with carbon build up creating the real issue

Edited by SinisterSS