Doc's Open House -- patience!

Doc1647545523

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like fun, I didn't know where your place was till 20 minutes ago, I'm across the lot at MD learning how transmissions work. Nice place, just from glancing

You're working with some good guys there at MD. I'm sure they're good teachers. They've always helped when I needed it.

If they give you a break from wrenching, meander across the lot sometime and take a tour of the place. Not a lift and hardly a tool in sight, but still a fun place for someone who likes cars. :)

You're working with some good guys there at MD. I'm sure they're good teachers. They've always helped when I needed it.

If they give you a break from wrenching, meander across the lot sometime and take a tour of the place. Not a lift and hardly a tool in sight, but still a fun place for someone who likes cars. :)

Well, it was a one day type thing, at least as of now. I was only there till about 2:30, right when you guys were drying off the vw. I actually go to the DACC, I was there learning some things that my school doesn't teach, for an automotive tech competition. Like I said, I caught a glimpse inside when i was going to the restroom in the main building, and it looks spotless. :)

I will be there as long as I don't forget to check back. LOL I am off every Saturday so it shouldn't be a Problem. Not asking for special treatment BUT. Doc if you have the time to send me a pm It will EMAIL me and then I WONT miss it!

Thanks

JJ

Not a shop ......jeez, Louise, that would be a scary thought -- me, working on other people's cars :D

It's a storage unit and clean-up area for me. Somewhere to get away, crank up my old timer music, smoke a cigar, and clean-up my ride. It's far from being a "dream garage," but I guess it's as close to one as I'll ever have. Just having the garage heated is a big step-up for me.

I hope you can make it out to the open house.

cool, How big? Indepenedent building?

3000 square feet, part of an Industrial Park. The units in front of mine are offices, and the unit behind mine is a restoration shop for yachts.

There are two transmission shops, two auto detailers, a general mechanic, a machine shop, a half dozen trucking companies, and various small manufacturing companies in the park. I understand one large unit is filled with DeLoreans :) One of my neighbors builds the robots used in Disneyland-type animation rides. The damn things are so realistic it's spooky at night.

The owner of the park will very likely be at the event with his rare Harley, so if anyone is interested in renting, he can answer questions. He rents spaces between 800 SF up to 30,000 SF.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! You guys are keeping better track of this than I have been! ;)

Saturday looks like a pretty good chance of rain, so, no, not this Saturday. It's a shame, because the business willing to provide the dyno was good with this weekend.

We've got a chance on the 16th, but the Century will be away. :( Doesn't mean we can't all get together, though.

May 23rd is the CR car show.

Everyone wants to do this and I still wanna host it. It would be so much easier to just say we're having it rain or shine, but what's the fun of having friends over for a car meet in the rain?

It will happen. Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters. :D

so the 16th is out of the picture cuz a huge limosizedrighthanddrivechinese1970sera slowbig-engined car is out of town? ok :)

Let me help you with the concept.

First, take your ADHD meds.

Then, continue reading the rest of the line before coming to the wrong conclusion:

We've got a chance on the 16th, but the Century will be away. Doesn't mean we can't all get together, though.

There now -- it's easier when you break it up into smaller pieces, isn't it? :nod:

Let me help you with the concept.

First, take your ADHD meds.

Then, continue reading the rest of the line before coming to the wrong conclusion:

We've got a chance on the 16th, but the Century will be away. Doesn't mean we can't all get together, though.

There now -- it's easier when you break it up into smaller pieces, isn't it? :nod:

Cliffs?

Oh and Doc, when are you having your open house?

:p

I might just have to walk to this event seeing as it will be less than a mile from where i live :) There's gonna be booze right? BYOB?

Can I just park at your house and get schmaaasted?

• 2 weeks later...

Next Saturday is the CR car show, don't forget, so I won't be scheduling the open house for then.

I'll start looking at the week after (Saturday, May 30th). We'll see how the weather looks and what the availability of the dyno is.