F-15 flying over downtown....

Putty

Cool. I used to live on Cape Cod, home of the Otis Air National Guard Base and PAVE PAWS. I got to see all sorts of planes flying over head. Watching a C130 doing low-speed maneuvering is like watching a magician float his assistant. Your eyes tell you there's no possible way it should stay in the air, and yet it doesn't fall.

Saw it too, I walked down to the Arena to pick up my tickets for Tuesday. he's practicing for Sunday's opening Clippers game in the new stadium. They are going to do a fly over.

Makes sense...I have standing at Ted's right by the new Clippers Stad.

It's not a stealth aircraft.

I realize that...The F22 is and it is just as loud at low speeds. I can't imagine how loud it is when it's taking care of business.

WTH!! I went to that show 4 times and it's a Sunday cruise with all the aircrafts except the Angels. I was told they don't do it much for not wanting unidentified people, the public, seeing what the planes are capable of. In case there is a spy lurking in the midst.

It's probably actually from the Air National Guard base in Springfield.

I watched 2 F-15's do touch and goes and play around in the sky there on the 4th of July about 6 years ago. It was a pretty awesome sight. Nothing like seeing an F-15 come in for a landing, go full throttle and pull straight vertical into the sky until you couldn't see him anymore.

i'm jealous. i wanna see. And speaking of loud i want to hear a plane break the sound barrier before i die.

i went to an airshow a few years ago, my grandpa was the mechanic for the last flying b29 (fifi) and a warthog did a low pass over the airport (only a few hundred feet) we were at in midland odesa texas. was loud enough it shook all the hangars, i dont think i wanna hear a sonic boom. the crazy thing was the pyrotechnics they use, that was loud and makes a LOT of heat (i know completely random)

It's probably actually from the Air National Guard base in Springfield.

I watched 2 F-15's do touch and goes and play around in the sky there on the 4th of July about 6 years ago. It was a pretty awesome sight. Nothing like seeing an F-15 come in for a landing, go full throttle and pull straight vertical into the sky until you couldn't see him anymore.

I was at Tuttle the day Columbus was a possible target. Not sure if it was 9/11, but we could hear one screaming somewhere. It came from within the clouds and did an incredible banked turn towards a different area. That was probably the coolest thing I have seen to date.

i went to an airshow a few years ago, my grandpa was the mechanic for the last flying b29 (fifi) and a warthog did a low pass over the airport (only a few hundred feet) we were at in midland odesa texas. was loud enough it shook all the hangars, i dont think i wanna hear a sonic boom. the crazy thing was the pyrotechnics they use, that was loud and makes a LOT of heat (i know completely random)

warthog as in A-10? if so those aren't jets, they have turbofan engines and are nowhere near the sound of a jet

Saw it too, I walked down to the Arena to pick up my tickets for Tuesday. he's practicing for Sunday's opening Clippers game in the new stadium. They are going to do a fly over.

Tomorrow, 04/18, is the opener and the day of the flyover... I know because I have been trying to get tickets all day with no luck....

Sonic boom.....me, too. We need to hit an airshow where they allow it. Wright Patt the fail on this.

i remember hearing when the thunderbirds were down in south america they were doing the centerpoint maneuver and one plane was told to speed up and it accidentally broke the sound barrier and shattered every window in the parking lot. :)

my grandpa worked on b-29's and B-36's and all the SR-71's. he doesn't even get recognition for vietnam cuz the SR-71's mission was classified then and speaking of which all the specs you find about the SR-71 on the internet are wrong :) i hope i don't get a visit from the men in black now. lol

i remember when i was a kid going to airshows at bolton field airport and dayton afb my grandpa's unit which was all wwII aircraft, (the confederate airforce, which now is the commemorative airforce) not goverment owned of course he was the lead mechanic on the b29 (fifi) and the b24 (diamond lil) and i got to see lots of interesting rare and unusual planes the one thing i hate about the b29 is the tunnel that goes over the bomb bay (i had trouble fitting in it when i was like 10) its too small and im closterphobic lol

i remember hearing when the thunderbirds were down in south america they were doing the centerpoint maneuver and one plane was told to speed up and it accidentally broke the sound barrier and shattered every window in the parking lot. :)

that would be interesting to see....

my grandpa worked on b-29's and B-36's and all the SR-71's. he doesn't even get recognition for vietnam cuz the SR-71's mission was classified then and speaking of which all the specs you find about the SR-71 on the internet are wrong :) i hope i don't get a visit from the men in black now. lol

my grandpa worked on b29's and b52's when he was in the airforce