Grass seed question

gaewsky1

The use of a powerseeder to apply the seed is your best bet as far as that goes. Unless your masking off th yard so they cant get to it. I am going through a very similar situation and had done some research over the last few weeks. The pwerseeder will till up the ground so the seed makes maximum contact with the soil. Alot of seed spread out traditionally is washed away, blown away, eatin, or picked up on the soles of shoes. Soin the end you are lucky to get 20% of the seed you dropped to start germinating. You really increase your chances of growth if you get the seed under the soil. Its going to be very difficult to get anything to grow wih kids and dogs, both of which I have as well. There are companies who do the hydro seeding or powerseeding but kinda pricey although their prices include seed. You can rent the machine for $50 a day I believe which seems fair if you have others who can go in on it and people can share it. Your in the burg as well, I may be interested in going in on it.

Slit seeder, power seeder, brillion, that's the only way. Most grasses in the burbs are red fescue and blue grass. You want something that is tough. You should spread some pelletized gypsum for the dog pee.

Tall Fescue with RTF is the way to go for sun/shade mix. Red Fescue is to fine for dogs in my opinion and doesn't do to well in sun. I don't like kentucky blue very much because the roots do not go very far down into the soil. Tall Fescue grass generally makes roots about a foot deep. Its also what is used on most football fiels.