New member (with a Saturn!)

10_penn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate you posting that up. I have seen once or twice some cars that have done this, but never a how-to.

i just need to find some Silver Nickel touch up paint. I have been debating on taking the spoiler off for a while.

• Upvote 1

Guest tbutera2112
I really appreciate you posting that up. I have seen once or twice some cars that have done this, but never a how-to.

i just need to find some Silver Nickel touch up paint. I have been debating on taking the spoiler off for a while.

http://www.saturnaccessories.com/shop/html/Products/ION-7/ION-Exterior-8/ION-Touch-Up-Paint-204.html

do it. :D

damn... you're good!

Welcome, clean looking car.

I concur with Mr. Wagner. Well done.

thank you and thank you

Holy goat fucking hillbilly two nooobs that can read the stickies! Damn going to go buy me a lottery ticket this is a rare day!

Oh yea intro works car is not fail and you can speak like you have a brain.

thank you sir. does this mean i can start talking like normal now :lol:

ever just considered getting the smaller spoiler that they have on some of the other redlines? that would help clean it out as the wing is a bit too much.

car looks good though. ive always loved redlines.

• Downvote 1

Guest tbutera2112
ever just considered getting the smaller spoiler that they have on some of the other redlines? that would help clean it out as the wing is a bit too much.

:gtfo: im running this shit

this is actually my second ion redline. i had a red one before with the small spoiler. i will have to say that if i would have any spoiler, it would be the big one. either go big or go wingless. the small one just don't look right. wing-less is teh sexxy though

Holy goat fucking hillbilly two nooobs that can read the stickies! Damn going to go buy me a lottery ticket this is a rare day!

Oh yea intro works car is not fail and you can speak like you have a brain.

haha for real!

Car looks decent for a saturn, welcome to the board.

Why not go turbo if you're going to put a new S/C on it? Those little things can make decent power for what they are and I hear the factory IC is pretty damn good too. I've driven one that put out about the same amount of power, it was fun to drive, but not for me. 250 WHP though with "lots" of mods seems kind of low. I've seen them make about 250- 265 with an intake, tune, injectors, no cat and smaller S/C pulley at around 15-20 psi. I guess it depends on what you think is a lot...Either way welcome.

Why not go turbo if you're going to put a new S/C on it? Those little things can make decent power for what they are and I hear the factory IC is pretty damn good too. I've driven one that put out about the same amount of power, it was fun to drive, but not for me. 250 WHP though with "lots" of mods seems kind of low. I've seen them make about 250- 265 with an intake, tune, injectors, no cat and smaller S/C pulley at around 15-20 psi. I guess it depends on what you think is a lot...Either way welcome.

I have nothing against turbos, I just prefer to stay supercharged. The TVS is light years ahead of the stock Eaton M62 in terms of efficiency and will take the motor much further. Could I make more power with a turbo? Of course. But my goal is 400whp, and even that is too much for a FWD compact car.

The 250 whp was on a very conservative tune, about 10 months ago, with stock exhaust. I was running a richer 11.4-5 afr and only about 17-18 deg timing. The tune that was on there also did not have accurate MAF/MAP settings. I could lean it up a bit and safely push over 20 deg timing and throw in the right airflow tables and see a good gain. A buddy of mine in PA with the same mods made 275 whp. Let's just say I'm talking to him...

I have a lot more into the car since then and I also have my own tuning software so I doubt that the 250whp estimate is still accurate.

I have nothing against turbos, I just prefer to stay supercharged. The TVS is light years ahead of the stock Eaton M62 in terms of efficiency and will take the motor much further. Could I make more power with a turbo? Of course. But my goal is 400whp, and even that is too much for a FWD compact car.

The 250 whp was on a very conservative tune, about 10 months ago, with stock exhaust. I was running a richer 11.4-5 afr and only about 17-18 deg timing. The tune that was on there also did not have accurate MAF/MAP settings. I could lean it up a bit and safely push over 20 deg timing and throw in the right airflow tables and see a good gain. A buddy of mine in PA with the same mods made 275 whp. Let's just say I'm talking to him...

I have a lot more into the car since then and I also have my own tuning software so I doubt that the 250whp estimate is still accurate.

Got ya. Well 400WHP would definatly be pretty bad ass for a car like that. The one I drove was scarry enough (shakey and lound). What's the most anyone has gotten out of those cars anyway? I though low 300's was high for them.

Got ya. Well 400WHP would definatly be pretty bad ass for a car like that. The one I drove was scarry enough (shakey and lound). What's the most anyone has gotten out of those cars anyway? I though low 300's was high for them.

For the stock supercharger, the most anyone has seen without nitrous is sub-300. A small shot will get you over that. The TVS guys regularly see over 300, easily, with some of the more 'built' motors seeing in upwards of 400. One guy has the record with the TVS at 421whp. Then he saw a lot of knock and blew a rod. He was on 10.5:1 pistons, all bolt-ons and a ported head, but only the exhaust side. He was the first on the TVS to reach that point, so I'm sure with many more people getting the TVS and trial/error, the secrets will be out on how to safely do it.

The turbo conversion guys... Well, one guy I know on the forums has a turbo swapped stock internal motor that made 440whp 385wtq. Stock motor! He has since torn it down to build it with pistons, hg, p&p head... etc. But again.. trial/error. I have a lot of respect for him and his car, but I just prefer to stay supercharged.

What size turbo was that guy running to make those numbers?

Will be interesting to see what he can make with a built motor.

not quite sure. he's on the cobalt forums (cobaltss.net) member name 06blackg85ss

For the stock supercharger, the most anyone has seen without nitrous is sub-300. A small shot will get you over that. The TVS guys regularly see over 300, easily, with some of the more 'built' motors seeing in upwards of 400. One guy has the record with the TVS at 421whp. Then he saw a lot of knock and blew a rod. He was on 10.5:1 pistons, all bolt-ons and a ported head, but only the exhaust side. He was the first on the TVS to reach that point, so I'm sure with many more people getting the TVS and trial/error, the secrets will be out on how to safely do it.

The turbo conversion guys... Well, one guy I know on the forums has a turbo swapped stock internal motor that made 440whp 385wtq. Stock motor! He has since torn it down to build it with pistons, hg, p&p head... etc. But again.. trial/error. I have a lot of respect for him and his car, but I just prefer to stay supercharged.

DAMN! I din't know there was that much out there for em. I knew they were peppy but 400+ WHP is very respectable.