my new yard

kirks5oh

went to sign all the final paperwork on my new job in wisconsin. also found a house to rent for a year or so while we wait to build on the lot pictured below--we're closing on this lot in about two months. just over 5 acres

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/421/p1021500.jpg

pontiac vibe gt rental actually wasn't too bad. my girls didn't make it too far onto the lot

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3414/p1021499.jpg

view of the street from the edge of the bluff--you can barely see our rental. my driveway will double as an 1/8th mile track

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4580/p1021502.jpg

about a 50 foot bluff down to the lake (lake michigan)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2876/p1021505.jpg

we'll have about 315 feet of "beach", if you could call it that

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/668/p1021506.jpg

best part about the trip was that i found an industrial storage shop to store some of my cars it---looks like it will fit 4 cars very easily, and tons of workbenches, parts, tools, etc. has electrical, wash basin, and a huge gas powered heater. still have to work out the details on that, but its a huge weight off my shoulders (yeah, my priorities are a bit f'd up). that and we found a great house to rent that is right on the lake as well---we basically asked this guy half of what he wanted and after a bit of negotiating, he accepted.

one more shot

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1733/p1021504.jpg

never thought i'd be so anxious to get out of tampa (3 months to go), but i'm ready to move on and start my career--and finally making what i should.

went to sign all the final paperwork on my new job in wisconsin. also found a house to rent for a year or so while we wait to build on the lot pictured below--we're closing on this lot in about two months. just over 5 acres

Kirk,

Looks like some exciting things are going on for you. I made 6 trips last year to wisconsin for tuning. I hope we are able to cross paths again.

Edited by nurkvinny

Awesome Kirk, simply awesome. I wish you were down here so I knew someone who could take a look at my knee.

It looks like your girls are getting pretty big now. How's your wife doing?

Congrats man. The best of luck with everything up there, i'm sure it'll all work out great for you.

What is the closest person to you? Looks like you have all kinds of room without a neighbor anywhere close

there are 12 lots. 8 lots are sold, and there's one house that is completed. i believe two other houses are breaking ground this summer. we would break ground most likely in the summer of 2010.

Awesome Kirk, simply awesome. I wish you were down here so I knew someone who could take a look at my knee.

It looks like your girls are getting pretty big now. How's your wife doing?

thanks hal. let me know if you need to see someone about your knee.

girls are getting active (19 months old), and the wife is expecting in june--a son this time. this was the latest her dr. would let her fly on a plane. i felt bad for my wife this weekend--but she wouldn't trust me to find a place to live without her approval--i can't blame her--we looked at two houses to rent, and i looked at 3 storage places

Man that's great you sure do seem to move a lot. Looks like that's gonna be great hoping to call Wisconsin your permanent residence?

this is hopefully the last move. we knew all along that we were only going to be in tampa for one year, so it was hard to get settled here when we knew we were leaving so soon. this time, i'm shipping my cars (instead of towing them behind UHAULs), and i'm only taking one uhaul truck.

Ballin! How big is that hill? Look huge. Also, does the shore of lake michigan freeze over in the winter up there? If so, that might possibly be the best sledding hill I have ever laid eyes on.

the hill is at least 50 feet high, maybe more. i didn't have a chance to walk down to the beach, but its at least 50 feet. i'm almost certain the lake freezes up all the way to the shore--didn't even think about sledding but i'm sure it will be possible if i cleared out some rocks. pretty steep too.

Beautiful shots, man! Can you get any sunrises or sunsets over the water?

As a fellow beach owner myself, :) you'll want to invest time/money in building stairs. The shoreline may be protected land, but build first and hope no one notices or cares later. It'll make the beach easy to access. Nice thing about lakefront property is that you don't need to worry about the tides!

Beautiful shots, man! Can you get any sunrises or sunsets over the water?

As a fellow beach owner myself, :) you'll want to invest time/money in building stairs. The shoreline may be protected land, but build first and hope no one notices or cares later. It'll make the beach easy to access. Nice thing about lakefront property is that you don't need to worry about the tides!

stairs are o.k. the house we're renting has protected shorelines (part of some conservation land) and the houses still have stairs. i don't think our shoreline is protected though, so there should be no regulations on the stairs

Congratz man. So when are you offically out of Tampa? Will be heading up to WI this summer several times to vist if your settled in will have to meet up and have a beer or something.

i'm moving at the very end of july. let me know when you're going to be up there

Awesome. How are land prices up there?

the housing market has taken a hit--which helped me get this much of a deal on the house we're renting.

land prices have not gone down too much, so we're still paying a fair amount on the empty lot