At the track day, this is for newbs

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

For the few that have never been down the track before, im willing to show you the basic's using tylers truck. we have room for 2 other people, and i will be going over basic's, ie proper etiquette , how to use the tree, staging beams and what not.

for those of you that need it. if you have never been down the track before, this may help you...

Now his truck is a auto trans. i will be covering launching technique's with this, and can go over stick shift launching aswell.

or if you want some one to go over the basics, just let me know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, just ask any real racer. Dont want to go to the mad scientist

its not wether you win by a inch or a mile...

See what I started. Hahahah

I'm looking to pick up A couple of Nissan SR20's. They'd pull a premium one week before race wars.

Step 1: Pull up to line until top pair of lights is lit. This is called pre-staging.

Step 2: Wait for vehicle in other lane to light his top pair or set of lights. This is called gentleman's staging, and is the proper etiquette shown in professional sport.

Step 3: In a reasonable amount of time, finish staging by illuminating the second set of staging lights. Creep the car forward when you do this. If the lights go out, back up and try again.

Step 4: Prepare for launch. Get your revs to the proper level quickly... you have but MAYBE 3 seconds before its time to go! If youre an automatic, you should have already been building boost or brake torquing your way to the stage so you should be on the stall of your converter now.

Step 5: Wait for the lights to start lighting up. The first large yellow light will light up. exactly .500 seconds later, the second will light... .500 seconds after that, the third, then .500 seconds after that, the green will light.

Top Gear Top Tip: Leave on the THIRD yellow. As soon as you see it light up, GO! It will take about .200 seconds for you to react to the light being lit and another .300 seconds for you take take your foot off the clutch, add a whole lot of right foot to the equation and the car to transfer its weight and actually leave the line.

Now, just don't crash. Use common sense in the shut down area and yield when you know you should. Drive SLOWLY up to get your slip, and SLOWLY back to the staging lanes. People walk everywhere... DON'T SPEED!

Step 1: Pull up to line until top pair of lights is lit. This is called pre-staging.

Step 2: Wait for vehicle in other lane to light his top pair or set of lights. This is called gentleman's staging, and is the proper etiquette shown in professional sport.

Step 3: In a reasonable amount of time, finish staging by illuminating the second set of staging lights. Creep the car forward when you do this. If the lights go out, back up and try again.

Step 4: Prepare for launch. Get your revs to the proper level quickly... you have but MAYBE 3 seconds before its time to go! If youre an automatic, you should have already been building boost or brake torquing your way to the stage so you should be on the stall of your converter now.

Step 5: Wait for the lights to start lighting up. The first large yellow light will light up. exactly .500 seconds later, the second will light... .500 seconds after that, the third, then .500 seconds after that, the green will light.

Top Gear Top Tip: Leave on the THIRD yellow. As soon as you see it light up, GO! It will take about .200 seconds for you to react to the light being lit and another .300 seconds for you take take your foot off the clutch, add a whole lot of right foot to the equation and the car to transfer its weight and actually leave the line.

Now, just don't crash. Use common sense in the shut down area and yield when you know you should. Drive SLOWLY up to get your slip, and SLOWLY back to the staging lanes. People walk everywhere... DON'T SPEED!

I haven't gone down the track before and I could figure it out with these instructions.