93 turbo stang.

Ramsey

One of Chads Kits

Mild combination with conservative timing on pump gas.

I have done a number of these kits now and have some good base tunes using the mafs provided by Chad.

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Hangem%20High.jpg

Looks good, cant wait till I come home to have you tune my car. Whats a "mild" combination in this situation?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep going back and forth on the whole oil pan thing, then stripped a bolt hole in the compressor housing, decided to upgrade bov and wastegate, looks like im gonna change oil pump and shaft. Not to mention as soon as my car went on jack stands, everyone else's cars broke. So, i will be heli coiling the compressor housing tonight, pulling the pipes with the bov and wastegates off and redoing the flanges for the new stuff.

I was albe to get the down pipe wrapped and coated, maf wires extended, maf housing attached, pick up turbo blanket (thanks mojoe), also sold my long tubes, h-pipe, dumps, stock injectors,maf, cai, zex kit, and buy gauge pod.

now, i am wondering if i want to run ponys with drag radials or welds? I have both but i doubt i will ever need to worry about daily driving or in the rain anymore. Currently i have decent street tires on the ponys and beat drag radials on the welds.

You've been busy. What bov and waste did you go with?

I was able to tap the pan thanks to the tool Mike (302powered) let me borrow.

I was also able to get my BOV and wastegate stuff to Brandon at IPS this morning and met with Tank their fabricator and told them what i needed and they had it done right and when they said they would. Oh, and at the price i was quoted, even tho after working with it he aso welded my maf flange, made a dump tube and beaded the edges for me. I will have pics tomorrow.

Thanks again guys.

I should be able to start the car this weekend. I just need to run the vacuum lines, change the oil, Make sure everything is tight, put the serp belt on and install the gauges.

With Miller and Phil's (big phil) Help i was able to make some serious progress tonight. Button'd up most of the little things, installed alt, new belt, ran vac lines, cap old vac lines, connected new o2 sensors. tomorrow all i need to do is Hook up the wideband and change the oil, then turn the key and see what she does.

Thanks again guys.

Should have start up video tomorrow.

So changed the oil, put the battery back in and went to turn the key and got nothing! Looks like i needed to plug in one more sensor and a ground strap, turn the key and still nothing! Look at the starter cable and it has corroded and fell off. So, i will be replacing the positive end and trying again tonight.

Also, looks like i have no gas pedal pressure? It just sits on the floor. I will get under the dash tonight, i hope the cable just came of or something????

Okay, it started. Stays at about 3k so i didnt keep it on long. Tonight will be spent trying to fix the gas pedal, it is about impossible to get under the dash to see whats going on.

Good news is the only leak seems to be coming from a power steer line, i need to looki into that as well. Im going to try to adjust the trottle and see it if will idle lower, but damn this mother is loud, a little too loud.

Okay, it started. Stays at about 3k so i didnt keep it on long. Tonight will be spent trying to fix the gas pedal, it is about impossible to get under the dash to see whats going on.

Good news is the only leak seems to be coming from a power steer line, i need to looki into that as well. Im going to try to adjust the trottle and see it if will idle lower, but damn this mother is loud, a little too loud.

I got your text congratulations my dude. I got a little too lit up last night and fell into a body of water. My phone receives but does not send. :lol:

I had an intake leak, the throttle cable was pinched under the upper intake manifold. Now all i need to do is replace the throttle cable and this thing is ready for a tune. I will have pics up later today.

I had an intake leak, the throttle cable was pinched under the upper intake manifold. Now all i need to do is replace the throttle cable and this thing is ready for a tune. I will have pics up later today.

I'm waiting...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/P1000416.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/P1000417.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/P1000419.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/P1000423.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/98dirtybird/P1000424.jpg

I will have much better pics after it is out and about, cleaned up and the bumper re-painted.

Nice, how long till you blow it? LOL.

But seriously, isn't that dump tube (i think that's what it is) a little low? It just seems compared to the intercooler/k-member to hang down unsafely?

Oh and bring it out to Doc's g2g this weekend for free dyno pulls!! I want to see what it puts down.

Nice, how long till you blow it? LOL.

But seriously, isn't that dump tube (i think that's what it is) a little low? It just seems compared to the intercooler/k-member to hang down unsafely?

It has since been turned to be better (it doesnt sit as low and is turned to go outside the car) and most likely be cut down.

BOV's go on the hot side of the intercooler :(

They work on either, I just like them as far away from the MAF as possible, and I preffer to vent un-intercooled air.

Fuckin sweet Ramsey!!! I cant wait for a ride dude, call me when you're gettin it tuned, I wanna b there. Good luck buddy ;)

They work on either, I just like them as far away from the MAF as possible, and I preffer to vent un-intercooled air.

Yea, they work on either and it doesnt matter where it is, but preferably closest to the turbo to prevent turbo back-spin.

You never hit me up about tunage.

I keep going back and forth on the whole oil pan thing, then stripped a bolt hole in the compressor housing, decided to upgrade bov and wastegate, looks like im gonna change oil pump and shaft. Not to mention as soon as my car went on jack stands, everyone else's cars broke. So, i will be heli coiling the compressor housing tonight, pulling the pipes with the bov and wastegates off and redoing the flanges for the new stuff.

I was albe to get the down pipe wrapped and coated, maf wires extended, maf housing attached, pick up turbo blanket (thanks mojoe), also sold my long tubes, h-pipe, dumps, stock injectors,maf, cai, zex kit, and buy gauge pod.

now, i am wondering if i want to run ponys with drag radials or welds? I have both but i doubt i will ever need to worry about daily driving or in the rain anymore. Currently i have decent street tires on the ponys and beat drag radials on the welds.

looks good I have a couple of almost new drag radials already mounted on pony wheels if your interested

Should I change it?

Fuckin sweet Ramsey!!! I cant wait for a ride dude, call me when you're gettin it tuned, I wanna b there. Good luck buddy ;)

Yea, they work on either and it doesnt matter where it is, but preferably closest to the turbo to prevent turbo back-spin.

Will do. Call me i have some questions.

looks good I have a couple of almost new drag radials already mounted on pony wheels if your interested

I'm kind of ate up right now cash wise. If you still have them in a couple weeks i will let you know, oh and that dual gauge pod doesnt fit my 52mm gauges. So i bought one of those cheap triple pods off ebay and cant seem to get it to fit right, damnit.

Guest Removed
You never hit me up about tunage.

CALL DYNO TUNE BRIAN OR ANTHONYS DUDE NAMED randy, he tunes all of jegs shit and alot of great tuning he has done and fixed! i was thinking of calling him and getting him to get yours at least close so you dont fuck shit up after all this work! atleast you already have the chip and shit

Guest Removed
How close is it to done Rob? And sorry, Lasota is the only guy tuning my car.

have to go over it..should be firing it up here soon tonight.power wash all this fucking oil off the bottom and go over it etc... it has came along nicely.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2943.jpg

:p