The Term Ricer

mseebs

This is something I was talking with a couple people about. Why do all Hondas get classified as a ricer? Even the relatively clean ones.

I'll admit. My car isn't the 'fastest' or whatever and I could give a shit less. And I got a big ass can cause I got an awesome deal on it and my other one rusted off. Yet. I've tried to keep it clean and just overall as a good car.

Then driving to Kroger I have 3 guys call me a ricer. On top of some negative rep some guy gave me back on here calling me a 'ricer fag'.

So how in the fuck do people define ricer? And why do even the 'normal' honda drivers get defined as it. I don't rev (I'm usually the guy yelling at the people reving the POS cars), I don't drive like a dbag all over the parking lot. I take my time and I go around and meet people, try to have fun. Then to have some faggots who think they're bad ass in whatever the fuck they drive call me a ricer for no reason. That shit pisses me off.

Discuss.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ignorant

/thread

Well.... unless you were revving your engine and acting like a tool.. I would have to assume you were not since you said you dont...

Edit: It will always happen, just ignore it.

As I said. I'm actually very against revving my car. The only time I have ever revved my car was at my mom to piss her off. :p

I mean, I'm kind of used to it happening. It just gets so fuckin stupid after awhile. I did nothing, I'm driving normal. I just wanna hang out and do something on the weekend besides drink and get shut down by girls.

• Downvote 1

As I said. I'm actually very against revving my car. The only time I have ever revved my car was at my mom to piss her off. :p

I mean, I'm kind of used to it happening. It just gets so fuckin stupid after awhile. I did nothing, I'm driving normal. I just wanna hang out and do something on the weekend besides drink and get shut down by girls.

Wanna spoon?

Im not called a ricer and I drive a hawnduh....Its probably because im 6'4" and 400 pounds but, that is beside the point.I've never met you but i like to fuck with people and im not usually serious,unless you are FUBAR.

Ricer.

This is a topic I have often wondered about myself. The word ricer has been unfairly passed around for years. Unfortunately alot of it falls directly from what we would hope would be the more appreciative /understanding car guy. There are plenty of domestic owners today who started out being a "ricer". As they have grown to enjoy other venues of vehicles they started making fun of the exact thing they themselves once did. Its the nutswinger who has jumped on the ......well nuts.... of these guys that have helped drive the term to what it is today. Mostly young kids whos first car didnt happen to be a honda or such. The older guy with a need to have someone from his nutsack allows the young swinger to ride his opinions, valid or not, instead of simply telling their newly found skin polishers to get an opinion of their own. The young swingfucks then feeling some sense of false commrodery(sp?) begin throwing the word ricer at everyone, most of the time appearing as a jackass. Yet noone trys to teach them how to appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into maintaining a car. I have seen just as many domestic guys throw dumbshit on their cars as foreign. There are alot of guys that take alot of pride and put in the effort to try and have a clean ride. Its actually harder to have a nice foreign car than a domestic. You actually have to work at trying to get a honda respected. Stop and think of the aftermarket parts that are available for each. Hell your almost predisposed of creating a steaming heap. I know for a fact that some of the big "ricer" callers on here actually do like what some of the foreign owners have done yet just wont man up and admit it. Its like highschool, no balls except in groups. As for me, I appreciate the time that guys put into their cars. There are some cars that have body kits I really like and others I think are fugly. Theres alot of stupid stuff I see added to them I will never understand. And perhaps these guys are ricers. But for me its unfair to lump every foreign car owner into the term ricer. As long as you can clearly explain what a mod does and it has an actual function than so be it.

So then there is the ricer as a person. Now this is where you can almost certainly determine if someone is a ricer. The way a person carries him/herself will ultimatly classify you as a ricer or not. If your fortunate enough to penetrate a group of domestics out at a meet and get them to socially feel its okay to talk to you being a foreigner, they way you handle yourself is key to wether or not ricer fag becomes your new nickname. First mistake is not knowing what or why certain things are on the car for. You have to be able to defend a 12'' tall rear wing on a fwd car or from the get go your done. Thus dont have one on there to begin with. See how that works. Secondly dont for a second assume your car is anything than what it is and try to defend it til the sun comes up. Its a car the same as the domestic guys, most guys can tell when your full of shit so dont try to justify the turd sticker as giving an extra 10hp. It wont fly. Remember you are under the gun when it comes to being accepted. Every action is under the microscope. Its probably not fair but hey thats the way it is. If you act like a tool dont get mad when your called a tool. Alot of "ricers" are younger guys with no real role models when it comes to appreciating cars. like everyone they want to fit in and at the time it may seem cool to rev the engine. This is where it takes a community to try and teach them whats cool and whats not. Its to easy to just make fun of them. Try to help them out by making them feel accepted. They will see how everyone is acting soon enough. They will realize the difference between right and wrong. Last, if you are a foreigner, stop pussying out and making excuses or playing the ham. Dont try to be the class clown because everyone is making fun of you. If you like your car and you have taken the time to do it right, dont say "well this is all I can afford until I buy my ??????? pos nutswinging domestic". Be proud of what you have. Not everyone is going to like it, so what. Realize you will from time to time unfairly be called a ricer. If it bugs you than prove them wrong. Sorry for my early morning rant. It probably makes no sense.

• Confused 1

dude you have fart cans on a Honda Accord.... seriously take a step back and think about it... you can tell us the old ones were rusted off if you want to... it's your lie, you can tell it to us as big as you want :p

Otherwise slow Hondas with a fart can sure seem pretty ricer to me, revving your engine or not. Doesn't have to be a Honda, it could be any 4 banger grocery getter. Wonderboy would know all about that. There are many things that determine a ricer, thats just one.

ive had my car called a ricer before but not because it was tacky, just the term old guys use to call imports. The majorty of people who ever said my car was nice or done right was by domestic owners. Who gives a flying what what they call you ?is it really that big of a deal? Almost every day I see riced out domestic's. It would be scary to see you behind a fast car because you would have a chip on your shoulder and try to prove everyone wrong and kill youself because someone called you a @slow ricer

Otherwise slow Hondas with a fart can sure seem pretty ricer to me, revving your engine or not. Doesn't have to be a Honda, it could be any 4 banger grocery getter. Wonderboy would know all about that. There are many things that determine a ricer, thats just one.

I think the same way, when I see a ls1 and the car is loud as balls and its just stock with pipes and he is thinking he is billybad ass reving the shit out of his car, or driving around making his pipes kackle that is a ricer in my eyes. SAME SHIT DIFFERENT CAR.

I think the same way, when I see a ls1 and the car is loud as balls and its just stock with pipes and he is thinking he is billybad ass reving the shit out of his car, or driving around making his pipes kackle that is a ricer in my eyes. SAME SHIT DIFFERENT CAR.

True, I know a few like that.

On a somewhat related note. Last night cruising around Polaris like the Ricer that I am, a couple of kids driving a brand new Escalade did a fly-by past me screaming out of the window "riceerrrrrrr". They then proceeded to race some other kids in a brand new honda odyssey. Talk about irony. :rolleyes:

Also, I saw "Euro&JDM" out last night in the Bimmer, I piped him a little and gave a wave. Not sure if ya saw me though.

• Downvote 1

Im not called a ricer and I drive a hawnduh....Its probably because im 6'4" and 400 pounds but' date=' that is beside the point.I've never met you but i like to fuck with people and im not usually serious,unless you are FUBAR.[/quote']

You're 6'4" and 400 lbs and you drive a honda!? :eek: To have to lube up to fit in the car!? :p

Surprisingly, I have never yet had anyone call me a ricer while driving my Si other than friends playing around with me.

Is your Si bright yellow with a fart can? I rest my case.

This is a topic I have often wondered about myself. The word ricer has been unfairly passed around for years. Unfortunately alot of it falls directly from what we would hope would be the more appreciative /understanding car guy. There are plenty of domestic owners today who started out being a "ricer". As they have grown to enjoy other venues of vehicles they started making fun of the exact thing they themselves once did. Its the nutswinger who has jumped on the ......well nuts.... of these guys that have helped drive the term to what it is today. Mostly young kids whos first car didnt happen to be a honda or such. The older guy with a need to have someone from his nutsack allows the young swinger to ride his opinions, valid or not, instead of simply telling their newly found skin polishers to get an opinion of their own. The young swingfucks then feeling some sense of false commrodery(sp?) begin throwing the word ricer at everyone, most of the time appearing as a jackass. Yet noone trys to teach them how to appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into maintaining a car. I have seen just as many domestic guys throw dumbshit on their cars as foreign. There are alot of guys that take alot of pride and put in the effort to try and have a clean ride. Its actually harder to have a nice foreign car than a domestic. You actually have to work at trying to get a honda respected. Stop and think of the aftermarket parts that are available for each. Hell your almost predisposed of creating a steaming heap. I know for a fact that some of the big "ricer" callers on here actually do like what some of the foreign owners have done yet just wont man up and admit it. Its like highschool, no balls except in groups. As for me, I appreciate the time that guys put into their cars. There are some cars that have body kits I really like and others I think are fugly. Theres alot of stupid stuff I see added to them I will never understand. And perhaps these guys are ricers. But for me its unfair to lump every foreign car owner into the term ricer. As long as you can clearly explain what a mod does and it has an actual function than so be it.

So then there is the ricer as a person. Now this is where you can almost certainly determine if someone is a ricer. The way a person carries him/herself will ultimatly classify you as a ricer or not. If your fortunate enough to penetrate a group of domestics out at a meet and get them to socially feel its okay to talk to you being a foreigner, they way you handle yourself is key to wether or not ricer fag becomes your new nickname. First mistake is not knowing what or why certain things are on the car for. You have to be able to defend a 12'' tall rear wing on a fwd car or from the get go your done. Thus dont have one on there to begin with. See how that works. Secondly dont for a second assume your car is anything than what it is and try to defend it til the sun comes up. Its a car the same as the domestic guys, most guys can tell when your full of shit so dont try to justify the turd sticker as giving an extra 10hp. It wont fly. Remember you are under the gun when it comes to being accepted. Every action is under the microscope. Its probably not fair but hey thats the way it is. If you act like a tool dont get mad when your called a tool. Alot of "ricers" are younger guys with no real role models when it comes to appreciating cars. like everyone they want to fit in and at the time it may seem cool to rev the engine. This is where it takes a community to try and teach them whats cool and whats not. Its to easy to just make fun of them. Try to help them out by making them feel accepted. They will see how everyone is acting soon enough. They will realize the difference between right and wrong. Last, if you are a foreigner, stop pussying out and making excuses or playing the ham. Dont try to be the class clown because everyone is making fun of you. If you like your car and you have taken the time to do it right, dont say "well this is all I can afford until I buy my ??????? pos nutswinging domestic". Be proud of what you have. Not everyone is going to like it, so what. Realize you will from time to time unfairly be called a ricer. If it bugs you than prove them wrong. Sorry for my early morning rant. It probably makes no sense.

^^^ Jesue christ, I hope you feel better soon. Someones got a little too much time... :D (Oh and I didn't bother reading it)

This is something I was talking with a couple people about. Why do all Hondas get classified as a ricer? Even the relatively clean ones.

I'll admit. My car isn't the 'fastest' or whatever and I could give a shit less. And I got a big ass can cause I got an awesome deal on it and my other one rusted off. Yet. I've tried to keep it clean and just overall as a good car.

Then driving to Kroger I have 3 guys call me a ricer. On top of some negative rep some guy gave me back on here calling me a 'ricer fag'.

So how in the fuck do people define ricer? And why do even the 'normal' honda drivers get defined as it. I don't rev (I'm usually the guy yelling at the people reving the POS cars), I don't drive like a dbag all over the parking lot. I take my time and I go around and meet people, try to have fun. Then to have some faggots who think they're bad ass in whatever the fuck they drive call me a ricer for no reason. That shit pisses me off.

Discuss.

It’s called stereotyping, it’s the same reason we see a full size van with 40 ladders on the roof parked in front of a burrito stand and think, Well a Mexican must own that. Sure it’s not right, well I guess it is about 75 % of the time otherwise it wouldn’t be stereotyping. It has nothing to do with the definition of rice.

The way I look at it is that some people are going to be ignorant morons no matter what you drive. The term "ricer" of course is historically xenophobic and/or racially derogatory slang for a car built in an asian country. Though over-time, and generational gap, the term partially evolved into meaning "dis-tasteful modification " instead of being directly related to the origin of the vehicle. Hell, I call people ricers and I'm asian, and drive a car that looks like a lowered shopping cart.